daiwa certate hyper custom 4000 line roller

Started by nagz, March 27, 2012, 01:26:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nagz

hi guys,
my name is nagz and i live in darwin in the northern territory of australia.  i have been perusing this forum for a while now and it has seriously triggered an urge to get inside some reels :)
well here goes,  i have recently got a bit carried away and have taken apart the line roller in my certate hyper custom 4000.  being new to this game, i neglected to take a photo or remember how the parts came apart  :-\
i humbly ask if there is any one out there who can help me reassemble the unit with a few pics and a walkthrough.
apologies if this is a really noob question

i'm kind of sure that i have done it correctly, however the roller takes a little bit more effort to rotate with braid under tension.

regards,

nagz

redsetta

G'day nagz,
Schematic here for the original Certate 4000, which only differs mildly from the Hyper Custom: http://www.daiwa.com/PartsDiagram/PartsDiagram/CT3500-4000.pdf
Hope that's of some assistance.
Good luck, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

nagz

hi redsetta,
cheers for the heads up.

i had a look, but for some reason the diagram doesn't show the black rubber 'flange'/water guard and it's configuration. 

a couple of photos would be gold if there are any

cheers

redsetta

Sorry nagz - not to hand...
Hopefully someone else will chime in.
You're not referring to the rubber O-ring (#25) are you?
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

nagz

nah,

i think your diagram isn't a hyper certate as the line roller seems to have less/different parts.

http://daiwafishing.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/CERTATE-4000-HYPER.pdf

here we go.....

nagz

it turns out i didn't have enough lubrication on the line roller assembly, problem now solved. 
the unit now operates smoothly.

what a doofus i am :)

gotta start somewhere though

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

nagz

thanks alan.

i'm glad too. certainly got a workout over the easter break :)