protoype bearing packer from alan

Started by trishul, March 28, 2012, 12:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trishul

my younger sister has just come down for the holidays from uk and i felt sorry that i had to hog half her lugguage for my stuff but these things do happen, i have now got the prototype bearing packer that alan had given me it was sent to uk recived by my bro and sent with my sis now in tanzania so it sure has had a long journey, i must say this is a very nice looking item it fits well in the grease gun i got and i cant wait to try it out thanks alan.

redsetta

Nice one trishul - looking forward to trying one out myself.
Looks like you've got some great new kit there!
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

trishul

hi justin
thanks yeah its a useful kit i just tried it this morning works like a dream i highly recomend it

broadway

Is that for the larger bearings?  Is that delrin?
Thanks
Dom

Bryan Young

For bearings smaller than 1" or 25 mm.  I have 1 larger set, and am suggesting to Alan to run a few for up to bearings 1.5" in diameter  Will see.

Yes, it's made of Delrin.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

broadway

So, is this replacing the brass packers? I would love to get my hands on one of the larger sets to service larger bearings.  Let me know if this comes to fruition.
Thanks
Dom

Bryan Young

We ran a couple of prototypes of the larger bearing packers in Delrin, but if Alan decides to make them it will be out of brass.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

broadway

Looking forward to it... thanks for the update, Bry!
Dom

alantani

the delron bearing packers are prototypes.  tom hrynuik was kind enough to knock out a bunch for shipping overseas.  the brass bearing packers are way too heavy.  i can ship them domestically for $5, but it costs a minimum of $15 to anywhere else in the world.  the delron bearing packers can go worldwide for $5. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

kenwahoo

Alan, I am interested in this one rather than your brass ones. How long before I can buy one from you? Also is it stepped like your brass ones or just a straight cone? It seems to me that a smooth cone will work just as well and you don't need separate ones for metric and imperial.

Being in Perth, Western Australia makes the postage expensive for everything.

ken

Bryan Young

Ken, I've tried the cone ones, but the bearing tends to slip and is hard to hold straight for the bearing to get packed.  I'm glad for the steps.  Seats the bearing and I am able to pack them pretty good.

Bryan

broadway

I'm sure the machinist, Alan, and Bryan have thought of everything for us... sit back with a cold one while these boys make our lives a whole lot easier.  Good things come to those who wait ;)
Dom

Bryan Young

It's all Alan and his machinest buddies.  I am also one that benefits from their innovations.

alantani

ken, i have a small stash of these and i reserve them for overseas shipping.  yup, that's you!  please send me an e-mail to alantani@yahoo.com with your address and i will ship a set out to you.  thanks!  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Yai

Hey guys,

gd day to all. I'm from Singapore and I'm very much hooked to this forum.... well, thanks to alan, bryan, hafnor to name a few. Due to great n excellent guys out here, i managed to rebuild or service my own reels such as omoto vortex vs12, abu 6500c3, jm pe7 n bx500.....

before, I'm worried should i screw up the reels after dismantling it but not anymore as i do have lots of guidance just by reading the posts here.

great work guys.....

Alan, I'm looking at the bearing packer with much interest. can it be shipped to Singapore?

cheers,
Yai