Metal Drag Washers

Started by Roger, May 25, 2009, 09:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger

I wrote in last week about the drag rating on a 320 GTi and you stated about 15lbs. was about about max. After snooping around on Penn Parts yesterday I ran across these washers (7C-113HAT} that supposedly help increase the drag rating. If so what kind of increase can be expected and how far can you go before you damage the gear sleeve or the main gear? One last question. I ran across a thicker keyed washer (86-113H). Can it be swapped out for the top keyed washer in the 320 and still gain an increase?
Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain

alantani

yeah, the reason for going to that combination was because the old #6-349h drag washers were matted down and hardened.  the new #6-349 have the same appearance as the #6-320's, so there is no advantage to the #6-320's anymore.  the thicker keyed washer might help, but i'll bet you already get 15# of drag with the stock configuration.  i would not recommend going past that.  the 320 gear teeth are not that strong.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!