A Penn Senator 9/0 joins the double dogs family

Started by Alto Mare, March 30, 2012, 02:17:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

john2244

Sal.

Nice work on the 9/0.  I never did put the second dog in my 9/0 before my last fishing trip but will before my next trip.
Would you post a couple close up pics of the area where you did the shaving and grinding to make room for the second dog.

Thanks Sal,

John  

Alto Mare

Hey John, I do not have a close up of this one, but I did find another plate that I did earlier. The plate is the older model that accept bushings instead of ball bearings, but the dog area is similar. I know that you already did the 113H, you shouldn't  have any problems doing this one. Good luck! Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Alto Mare

Sorry John, I forgot to add the picture. Here you go:

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

broadway

Holy Crap!  :o  I forgot all about posting them... I'll have them up by the end of the weekend.
They look sweet together!
Dom

Alto Mare

No need to rush it Dom. We've waited this long, I'm sure we could wait a little longer. I know how hard you've been working lately, take your time bud.  Sal

Dominick

Quote from: Alto Mare on March 31, 2012, 11:22:36 PM
No need to rush it Dom. We've waited this long, I'm sure we could wait a little longer. I know how hard you've been working lately, take your time bud.  Sal
Hey Sal let's not let Dom off too lightly here.  Dom, let's get the photos posted.  Sal, what springs are used for the dogs in the 114 H and the 9/0?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Here you go Dpminick:
https://www.mysticparts.com/PennParts/Parts/14-116.aspx

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"

Dominick

Sal:  are the same springs used for both 114H and the 9/0?

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Dominick, I'm trying to go to bed...it isn't California here. I have to get up at 4:00am ;D
Here is the one for the 114H:
https://www.mysticparts.com/PennParts/Parts/14-114.aspx
You would get away with either one, if the 14-116 is too long you just cut it.

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"

john2244

Sal,

Thanks for the picture of the side plate.

John

Dominick

Quote from: Alto Mare on April 03, 2012, 03:05:52 AM
Dominick, I'm trying to go to bed...it isn't California here. I have to get up at 4:00am ;D
Here is the one for the 114H:
https://www.mysticparts.com/PennParts/Parts/14-114.aspx
You would get away with either one, if the 14-116 is too long you just cut it.
Sal:  No one gets up at 4:00 a.m. unless they are going fishing ;).  Sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite.  ;D Dominick

broadway

Here ya go Dominick  ;)
Thanks to Sal I was able to put this ?possible? "one of a kind" reel on the proper rod it was meant for, a Penn 9/0 Senator rod.  I would say the rod and reel individually would both get the score of 9 each 8). Sal, was willing to break up his collection to better mine, and that's what this is all about... helping your fellow fisherman/ friend when they need it, if you can of course.  Sorry it took so long, but there are many reasons why.  The most important was that I have a friend of mine building me a reel display out of 20" wide walnut plank(not easy to find), and was hoping to show you my "Big Red Combo" as the center piece.  When it's complete I will posted better photos.
Thanks again Sal, and as always thanks to Dominick for getting me off my butt  ;)
Dom
Here is the photo link: http://s1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb428/316broadway/Big%20Red%20mated%20to%20Penn%20Senator%20Rod/

PS-Dominick, I was unable to post the photos directly on here because my plug-in failed  ???

redsetta

Does this help?

Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

broadway

Alto Mare

Very nice Dom, that's an awesome set and yes I'm still jealous ;D.
Your pictures don't do it justice, I'm hoping that you're a better fisherman than a photographer ;D.
I was hoping to see a shot of the side of the plates, but then I remembered that I had one , so here you go buddy:

Thanks for sharing it with us Dom. By the way, stainless steel looks very nice with red, when are you going to carve that plate for the double dogs? ;D
Later. Sal