Newell 533 5.5 S series right side plate

Started by bschulzjr, March 30, 2012, 04:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bschulzjr

Last season I somehow cracked the right side plate on my Newell 533.  Ever since this happened, the reel would bind under heavy loads when cranking.  I am looking for a replacement side plate so that I can use the new 533N kit from Tiburon.  I would preferably like to find the a Purple 533 sideplate set (left and right) since my wrap colors are Purple, but will be more than happy to find a right side 533 S series plate.  I would also be willing to purchase a Purple 533 complete if the condition is decent.  Any help you guys can spare would be much appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

ShoreKasterHI

Im not to sure but couldnt you go with any 5 series sideplates? If anything check ebay

bschulzjr

I've scoured Ebay, Craigslist, and most local and non-local tackle shops in So. Cal.  It's like finding a needle in a haystack.  I was able to find a no letter 533 5.5 side plate from Just fishing in Hermosa Beach, but it is slightly different in design and the gears will not fit.

ShoreKasterHI

I tried contacting this guy back a couple years ago when i owned a newell but he was busy maybe if you try he could make you a set...

http://rocketreels.com/pictures.htm