Main Menu

Started by Jerseymic, March 30, 2012, 11:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerseymic

Hi Everybody,
New guy here from the uk (ex Jersey Channel Islander), been looking at your forum for a while and all your knowledge is outstanding, a special thank you to Alan who has given an old boy here confidence to take his reels apart and give them a good service. Got back into fishing at 62 years of age after a 20 year break, I think it is time to relax once again in life!
I am not into modern things be they good or bad, I am a traditionalist, I always had Penn multipliers in the past and I wanted them again, won a very nice Squidder and Mariner on ebay uk for £28 and £24 respectivley, the only one problem with the mariner is a small bit of chrome is missing from thre spool, otherwise they are both in excellent condition. Through this forum I have learnt how to take them down, put them back, the correct lubes and greases to use etc etc.
The Yamalube Marine Blue I have had to order from your country, as I am told by a Yamaha agent here that because of European legislation whatever is in the 'blue' is not allowed in europe, probably a lot of bull---- they only have Yamalube Marine Lical which he tells me is not blue but is the same, perhaps you guys can enlighten me!!
Sorry about the rambling hello, but thank you all again for a wonderful forum, given me many hours of pleasure.
Best wishes,
Mike.

Bryan Young

Aloha Mike,

Welcome to the site.  I have no response regarding the yamalube though.  Maybe on your side of the waters, someone can shed some light.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

kamuwela

aloha and welcome to the most yamalubed web site in the world. thank you for joining

Irish Jigger

Welcome aboard Jerseymic. Re Yamaha lube, you could PM UK Ron (a member here) who I think had some shipped from the US.

Jerseymic

Hi Guys,
Thank you for welcome, as for the Yamalube, I have already ordered some through one of the links I found on this forum, Boats.net.
I ordered two 14o/z cartridges and with shipping the total came to $20.01, the shipping charge was $8.95.
I just now have to wait for the postman!!
Thanks again for your welcome, this truly is an excellent forum.

Regards,

Mike.

Nessie Hunter

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

alantani

you know, mike, i was wondering why there was so much trouble getting yamaha grease in the uk and the rest of europe.  i'm guessing that the product that yamaha has for your local market will be fine, so go ahead and use that.  i had never thought it through that far before.  thanks and welcome!  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Norcal Pescador

Welcome from across the pond Mike!
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD