calcutta 200 help

Started by bassgod, April 03, 2012, 10:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bassgod

Hey all need some help identifying, might be a dumb question, but wouldn't hurt getting some extra opinions before I start buying a bunch of parts that do not fit.  recently got an older silver calcutta 200, drag was sticky and the bearings were rusted out so decided to break the whole thing down.  when I went to look up schematics apparently there are 2 different silver calcuttas, a 200-92 and a 200A.  the only difference I can scope are the worm gears, the clutch pawls, , the 92 has worm gear bearings whereas the 200a has bushings, and the 92 spool looks to have 2 brakes vs six. 
My reel has a 6 brake spool, and bushings, however the reel foot is stamped 92, which leads me to believe that the reel is the 92 model, however it has the 200a spool and bushings, rather than bearings.  the only thing I need to really replace is the worm shaft which is one of the parts that vary between the two models.  the only thing that seems to be worn is the worm gear which is starting to show some brass so I am wondering if i need the bnt1235 from the 92 model or bnt1714, or are these parts interchangeable? 
also wondering about the bushings, what part number or bearing size would I need to replace the bushings to a bearing supported worm gear and also thinking about replacing the spool bushing with a bearing, what would bearing would I need , and are there any performance gains in doing this? any info very much appreciated. thanks