Hello everyone!

Started by Leif, April 05, 2012, 03:04:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leif

Hey guys. This is my first post. Just wanted to say hi and thanks to Alan for getting me up an running.

I've been fishing, building rods and reels since I was a kid.(now 48) I always liked the Penn reels as my dad got me a 155 when I was a kid.

Been rebuilding and enhancing the Penns for years with the Alan Tani sleeves. Accurate and Newell Gears and other stainless and aluminum parts like tiburon and Accurate.  I've been reading your post and very impressed with some of the work and ideas you guys have come up with.

Nice to be on board. Here's a few pictures of the reels I have tinkered with.

Leif 
Cod is King

Dominick

Leif:  Great looking reels.  Welcome to the site.  It looks like you know your stuff.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

redsetta

Welcome from NZ Leif.
Those are some cracker reels - cheers for sharing.
Never seen a Longbeach upgraded like that.
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Leif

Thanks Dominick and Justin!

Here's a couple more.

Leif
Cod is King

Leif

Quote from: redsetta on April 05, 2012, 03:28:14 AM
Welcome from NZ Leif.
Those are some cracker reels - cheers for sharing.
Never seen a Longbeach upgraded like that.
All the best, Justin

Thanks Justin. Candy Apple Red Powdercoated Longbeach with aluminum spool and accurate handle.
One day I would love to get to NZ and catch some big browns!!
They don't grow that big in N.J.

Leif 
Cod is King

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

redsetta

QuoteOne day I would love to get to NZ and catch some big browns!!
Let me know if you do - will happily line you up with some good spots!
Here's a quick fish we did last winter:
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=2665.0
Cheers, Justin
PS Love that 501.
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Bryan Young

Welcome Leif.

Wow, you are in great company with the Penny people here.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Norcal Pescador

Welcome to the site Leif! Like Dominick said, It does look like you know your stuff. I'm kinda partial to Penns, too. 8)
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

mojocvh

I loved my slosh's until that dammed Avet turned up!

BMITCH

Welcome!! Fellow Jerseyite. Nice looking reels. Your definitely in the right place

Bob
luck is the residue of design.

broschro

Welcome aboard, nice looking reels I do powder coating as well just stated a few months ago. How does it hold up over the long run?

Leif

Quote from: broschro on April 05, 2012, 10:57:26 AM
Welcome aboard, nice looking reels I do powder coating as well just stated a few months ago. How does it hold up over the long run?

Hey Broschro. Thanks. Nice looking reel! The coating holds up pretty well but you have to be careful. If banged around it will scratch and chip. If done correctly it holds up better.

I did the Penn 155 years ago and use it often and it barely has a scratch but I am a fanatic with my equipment being overly careful.(reel covers, ect)

For the person that is just going to throw the rod/reel in the garage, let it hit the deck or knock against other reels, it is not a good idea. When it is chipped and nicked, the reel looks worse than if you hadn't powdercoated the reel.

The solid colors(not translucent) seem to hold up much better.

Here is a Candy apple green Jigmaster that has held up well.

Leif   

Cod is King

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

Very nice customer colored reel collection you've got.  Never, ever thought about doing post, rings,...  wow, you are bringing a new element to customizing reels that others are just starting in.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D