Hello everyone!

Started by Leif, April 05, 2012, 03:04:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Leif

Thanks again everyone for the warm welcome. Nice to join the "obsessed" on this site.

I find myself thinking and tinkering constantly. Mostly repairing and upgrading Penn reels so they can perform the best that they can. Some are not even Penn reels anymore as they only have some of the design left and some original parts.

I enjoy constructing the reels using available aftermarket parts but I am certainly not a machinist or engineer as it seem many of you are!!   

It is a pleasure to fish with a reel that you have assembled/modified that works flawlessly. I typically get comments/compliments on the reels here on the east coast when I use them. It seems the west coast has always been ahead of things when it comes to "custom" reels and inovations so seeing reels like the Accurate or Jvariance conversions are not as common.

I predominately use my Full Accurate 146 conversion, Accurate/tiburon 99 conversion, Accurate/tiburon 501 conversion, Penn 113H 4/0, 6/0, 9/0 conversions here in NJ. Those reels cover any situation here catching everything from 10 inch Winter Flounder to 200lb Bigeyes and Swordfish.

Any way...gotta finish up my new Red 113H narrow for the Gloucester Cod trip next week!! See ya.

Leif       
Cod is King

alantani

that last photo, is that the black cod that i keep hearing about?
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Leif

That's a Blackfish or Tautog. It is in the wrasse family.

Leif
Cod is King

alantani

nice!  i bet they'd be alot of fun on light tackle!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!