Using non exact fit HT100's

Started by mattyoga, June 04, 2009, 01:07:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattyoga

Hi Alan- great forum - love the info available.  

I'm looking to do a cheap upgrade for a banax si1300 and Pflueger criterion 60 spinning reel (and possibly GT5000W) .  I'v measured the dimensions of the standard felt washers fitted and have looked at the Penn HT100 drag washers available.

Of the HT100 washers most suitable it looks like the inner diamter ID is a bit bigger then the original washers, i.e. original washer ID is 6.1mm whereas HT100 ID is 8.15mm.  The ODs are bigger two, though I can trim the washers down to fit.

My question is, will not having a tight fit of the washer significantly effect how the HT100 drag washer behaves? The extra gap could introduce a little eccentricity, though because the OD will be cut to size, I'm thinking the washer should not become too eccentric.

Any experience or thoughts on this would be welcome.

Cheers

Matt
Perth, WA

alantani

you know, i used to be soooooo careful to get everything exact.  then i realized that the drag washers work just fine, even if they wobble around a little.  as long as they can't escape from the drag stack, they can bang around all day and still be fine.  go for it!  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

mattyoga

Thanks for the advice Alan - looking forward to getting the crappy felt stuff out those banax's ;D