Daiwa 47h and 47sh

Started by pijon, June 06, 2009, 05:39:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pijon

I picked these 2 up on Ebay. They got particle board washers.
The shaft dia is 12mm and outside dia of the main gear is 21.12mm
I used your ht 100 dimensions chart and decided to order some 6-855's and grind them down to fit. The bottom one also will need to be drilled out a bit as the drive gear has a lip inside. Is it a major no no to grind off that lip? Not sure what purpose it serves.
Do you have another suggestion other than grinding ht-100's to fit?
Thanks. 
Love this website. 
pijon

pijon

I just took the 47sh apart and it is a little diferent than the 47h.
The 47sh has a larger drive gear with larger washers.
The 47sh washers are id-14.12 od-23.9 and thickness of 1.45
the 47 h washers are id-14.23 0d-20.55and thickness of 1.5
  The 47sh is an improvement. Still think I will have to grind some to fit.
  I think I will look for the SH if I but another one.

alantani

check the thickness.  the #6-855 is a pretty thick washer.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

pijon

on the 47h, the 3 stock washers and the fiber spacer washer measure 4.90. If I used 4 of the 6-855's, using one in place of the fiber washer I get 4.84. I am hoping that is close enough. Still thinking about grinding that inner lip from the inside of the main gear. Than I wouldn't have to drill the first washer to fit over it. Either way it looks like trouble. Drilling a washer to fit might be easier than grinding inside a main gear and trying not to mess it up.

The 47sh is same washer/fiber dimensions except the 6-875 is a better fit. so i will slightly grind 3 of them for the drag replacement and use a 6-855 underneath. Was hoping I could escape the grinding. At least its nice outside.

alantani

it makes a mess, but you can file them down by hand pretty quick.  go for it!  alan

pijon

Yup! Makes a mess!
I finally got both reels back together with various mods to the drag washers. They will work fine for salmon and estuary sturgeon.
Freespool isn't much but they are levelwinds. The 47 sh is a little smoother than the 47h. A lot less wear. If I buy anymore I will avoid the h and only look for the sh. The inside of the main gear on the h has that lip and it is a real pain to make washers to fit.
Wish they made these in left hand.

edgarz

This goes way back but I want to upgrade my 47H. The reel is spooled with mono and I have a mere 6 lbs of drag in it with its original drag discs. How much drag will I expect after beefing it up? Thanks in advance for any input.

alantani

figure 10-12, but the reel is not built for those kinds of pressures.  it's happier at 5 pounds of drag.

edgarz

Then the figures I'm getting mean that she's in pretty good shape. Wish I could beef it up but if you say it'll
overload then I guess I'll just replace the carbon drag washers with carbontex. Thank you very much Alan.