Need bearing suggestions!!!

Started by misterthews, April 14, 2012, 07:47:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

misterthews

I am trying to figure out what size bearings I need for my Trinidad TN12 and TN14. I want to replace the spool bearings with a better bearing.  I was thinking about going ABEC 7 but after all the reading I have been doing on here it seems like ABEC 5 will be enough.  So any input and suggestions as to what I should do would be great.  Also what bearings would you go with?

Thanks

Bryan Young

ABEC 5 will be enough.  Save the money and get extra bearings just in case. Just make sure that they are open so allow the water to escape and use a good lubricant to protect the bearings.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

misterthews

thanks for the reply.  What size bearings do I need for the 12 and 14

Bryan Young

Would be good to contact Dawn at Smoothdrag or Boca Bearings.  I haven't seen any trinis smaller than a 20 yet.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

garbo

I would also like to replace my bearings in my TN12...looking for the correct size...thanks for the help

Tiddlerbasher

Spool bearing size for TN12 or 14 (AFAIR) 6x12x4 & 4x11x4mm

MrAC1980

Is it me or is the right spool bearing not on any TN14 schematic?  ???

johndtuttle

Quote from: MrAC1980 on April 20, 2016, 01:11:37 PM
Is it me or is the right spool bearing not on any TN14 schematic?  ???

Its considered part of the spool assembly and not listed as a separate part number by Shimano. They have them of course, but you have to call them and ask if you want one of their's.

Keta

Quote from: johndtuttle on April 20, 2016, 01:20:32 PM

Its considered part of the spool assembly and not listed as a separate part number by Shimano. They have them of course, but you have to call them and ask if you want one of theirs.

Shimano parts numbering is confusing, Penn is much better, but dealing with the Shimano customer service people is always good.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

steelfish

Quote from: garbo on March 31, 2016, 01:35:56 PM
I would also like to replace my bearings in my TN12...looking for the correct size...thanks for the help

taken from Smoothdrag webpage

Ceramic                  ABEC-5
1 ea 6x12x4 & 4x11x4                                                  Set #18  $25.00      Set #38  $15.00       
Shimano Trinidad & Torium 12, 14, 16, 20, 30                       
Tekota 300, 500, 600
The Baja Guy