Penn Jigmaster 500

Started by mahalalololo, April 15, 2012, 06:15:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahalalololo

5 Jigmasters can be running If I can get spools especially nothing other than Stainless Steel or Steel and I also need one Sideplate for Jigmaster the Clip-Off side.
Who can Supply me?? I also have a Jigmaster 505 that need a replacement of Bearing and this I also do not know where to find. I will organise later to organise payment and shipping!!? I got a Tedler Penn Reel it is very Heavy but I am little Scared to Open. Do you have same as I downloaded for jigmaster???

Bryan Young

The best place would be MysitcParts.com.  Have you tried them already?

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Irish Jigger

I don't think Penn made stainless steel/steel spools for the Jigmasters.
They made chromed bronze spools which are difficult to obtain today.
Penn Parts stock the anodised aluminium spool 29L-500 which IMHO is more than adequate for anything these reels can handle.
They also stock the USA made handle side plate 1N-500 which at $5 more than the Chinese one is a better buy,again IMHO.

The bearing part numbers for the 501 are,
26-113H Right Side Bearing (handle side.)
40-210 Left Side Bearing.
Note,both these are 2 part assemblies and you may only  need the ball bearings which measure 0.125"x0.375"x0.1562" (1/8"x3/8"x5/32")

Good Luck.

broschro

Quote from: Bryan Young on April 15, 2012, 06:19:26 AM
The best place would be MysticParts.com.  Have you tried them already?
x2 ;D

Irish Jigger

Quote from: broschro on April 16, 2012, 07:22:29 PM
Quote from: Bryan Young on April 15, 2012, 06:19:26 AM
The best place would be MysticParts.com.  Have you tried them already?
x2 ;D

MysticParts have them at $27.60 each.

mahalalololo

Thanks I checked up on the Website. Exactly what I want. It seem that Jigmaster was busy!! I will have to ensure the sizes is 100 ok. All those I got is the very first Jigmasters on all of them is written MADE IN USA. on one is even engraved Feb 1975. I also note that there is 3 kind of Spools. I think the cheapeast is the one I want but is not sure. I will convert inches to Cm's and try to calculate. I think it will work. I see there is a lot of info but I will also will still search for second Hand reels if Possible. One of the local dealers want to charge me say 15% more for a new Spool. Then I will save on Shipping. If someone that read this Post can help me occupy used Jigmaster 500 Spools I will also pay Shipping. I searched           Mr Alan Tani's Website but fail to see if I can be helped.

I will always keep looking.
Mahala

alantani

i have some used spool, but they have corrosion on them.  would they be of interest to you?
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Irish Jigger

Penn Parts have only two Jigmaster 500 size spools,Aluminium and Plastic. The plastic one is limited to one per customer and costs $40.35.

Take up Alan's offer,you can be sure his spools are fit for purpose even if they have a little corrosion.  ;)

alantani

some of them are pretty badly trashed, but they will work. 

mahalalololo

Exactly what I want to hear. I would like to order 5 Jigmaster 500 Spools. If you like me to measure I will but I am sure all of them is exactly the same size. If you have a sideplate also for a jigmaster 500 on the Clip Off side I will be very Happy. I want to think of evrything I think I need. I will put in a order then You can send all together. We are going to have a long weekend here in South Africa. Just after the long weekend I am sure all our money matters is sorted out. I will do conversions and so on and include Shipping.
Thank You
Mahala

alantani

i will need an address for shipping.  send a pm.  i will take a look around and see what i have.  alan

mahalalololo

Thanks Alan. I also have a Embassador 6000 that I need spares for. On one of my previous posts I mentioned it I will talk later.
Mahala