OKUMA TITUS T 50 W rebuild problem

Started by Toni L, April 15, 2012, 03:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toni L

Hello, I have been lurking on the forum and finally decided to open this reel well, when I rebuilded it the spool doesn´t rotate when I turn the hadle (I think the main gear does not engage to the pinion, also I feel the lever drag does not do pressure... I disassembled and reassembled about 50 times, not so many but many times and I can´t make it work as before  ??? I need your help please, this reel has very little use. Here are some pics of how I rebuild it, in case you find the fault.

Jimmer

Every thing in the pics looks correct to me - is the pin in the clicker side of the spool shaft sliding freely in the groove in the clicker side of the frame? Did you assemble the drag cam correctly? - just a couple things to look at - Good luck - Jimmer
What - me worry?   A.E.Neumann

Toni L

Do you mean this?

if so, it is in the groove and the main shaft doesn´t rotate.

About the drag cam... maybe the problem is here, I have placed the right side plate, tightened screws, placed the 2 washers, lever drag, adjust block, compression spring and the cast control cap. After that the lever drag is loose although put in max drag, another clue is the spool seems not centered

Jimmer

The spool will shift to the left in freespool, the pull to the right as the drag lever is engaged. here's the schematic http://www.mikesreelrepair.com/schematics/albums/okuma/Okuma_T_50W.pdf         Make sure the drag lever is in the free spool position, then seat the adjust block down into it, rotating to the deepest spot, then install the tension spring and cap . Don't over tighten it and force the drag lever up or you may wreck a bearing or two. I remember Alan saying in a previous post that sometimes rotating the spool shaft 180 degrees on the pin end in the frame may help this problem for unknown reasons  - it might be worth a try - Jimmer

Toni L

Thank you very much Jimmer! I appreciate very much your generous assistance only had to press the button of the freespool and tighten the cap of the lever drag at the same time, I hope my rookie mistake help others too.

Jimmer

Glad to hear you got it! These things can cause a little frustration at times, just keep trying things and you'll get them eventually,along with some new pride in your reel and a sense of accomplishment. Good going Toni ! - Jimmer