Protecta lube

Started by kenwahoo, April 17, 2012, 09:08:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenwahoo

Has anyone tried this or even know of it? Found it in a chandlery which also carried Inox products but the bloke said Protecta better product. Price about the same. Seems to work same as Inox, spray on and lubricant film left behind. You can find it here. http://www.sfrcorp.com.au/faqtmfs_spraylube.html Available in 45ml bottle with built in needle applicator.

ken

alantani

it's so hard to know for sure that one product is better than another.  with lubes, you can judge by how well something spins.  but how can you tell how well a grease will protect against corrosion?  that one takes more time. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

INOXicated

Petroleum based product.
Senior Account Rep. Amazing Products LLC.
www.Apdistribution.com
www.grip-n-hook.com

JGB

Test it by coating a iron nails (I use 3) with it and place in a vial of sea water at room temp. Shake vigorously and the let stand. Measure how long till the first signs of rust and to the time it is completely covered in rust. If you compare this to other protect-ants you can get a rough idea how well it works as compared to other products.

As an example :
Yama lube takes 4 hours til the first spec of rust. 48 hours till mostly covered with rust.
TSI 321      takes 48 hours for first signs of rust and about 2 weeks for complete coverage.

Interestingly the TSI will produce rust but it disperses into the water and does not build on the nail.

Jim N.

Makule

The commercial and even the colors on the sign remind me of a product that was hyped on infomercials years ago.  Don't recall the name (might have been Duralube), but wouldn't be surprised if it's the same product with a different name. 

Does it work?  Didn't see any difference in my truck and didn't see any difference in the tools I used.  I did give it (and other products) a good try (more than once) but could never see any real benefit.  Others may have different experiences.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.