COMPRESSED AIR

Started by LTM, April 18, 2012, 08:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

alantani

Quote from: LTM on April 19, 2012, 01:12:26 PM
Thanx Guys,

Thank's all of you for your comments, except Alan; his solution would have me homeless  ;D. Leo

you would always hang out with me in the garage.  we could make room for a cot, restock the frig with beer, and make a sandwich run to safeway.  of course, you'd have to deal with a noisy compressor !!!!!   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bruce

Hello

If quiet is a high priority look into compressors used in the medical field i,e. dentists etc . There are some small very quiet ( ever hear one when at the dentist) ones. You won`t even have to put it outside.
              You don`t really need much in the way of cfm to blow out these small bearings. How many cfm do you have with the cans  of air you buy?
                If you do opt for a larger , say 20 gal tank size or more  do not buy the oiless no mater what the salesman tells you .If it does not drive you crazy it certainly will your wife.
                 I had one and it was a constant source of irration when in use, and it had a 60 gallon tank. I built a shed 40 feet back of the house and stiil cought hell when it was running.
                 So I got a large conventional air squeezer with an 80 gallon storage and it is so much quieter almost beyond compare.
                 Don`t reason from this that tank volume is a good indicator of cfm or decibles there are a lot of variables . As in anything money is a big factor in geting quiet and cfm without a lot of noise.
                  Believe it or not Harbor Freight sells a very good compressor in 60 gal. size don`t recall cfm but is relatively quiet and made in N. Carolina with if memory serves pump made in Italy oftimes on sale at around $500. You can check it out online.
                  Good lucK.
                                      Thanks  B.

Buzz

GulfOfBothnia

If the need is more or less occasional there is economic solution... use old spare tyre.
It can be re-inflated with manual pump. Not noisy.
Not sure if the airflow is clean enough?

LTM

Thanx all of you for your comments, and I never thought of a spare tire!

I went with Sal's suggestion of a 5 gal tank from Sears (on sale btw).  I went to my storage place and found everything that I needed including a compressor (no tank on it) that fills my tank to 115psi with no problem. I had a storage container in my storage unit full of compressor stuff (brand new including the compressor) all I had to do was get the tank.  What a great setup; I've got to take a picture of it for others who may be in my situation.  Now to see how long a tank will last, but no worries with my little compressor to refill it.

Thanks for all your comments (you too Alan) and suggestions.  Man, this setup works just fantastic; I cant believe I had forgotten about my compressor project (must deffinitely have "CRS")  :D

Leo