What's up with lefty's (Penn) reels on ebay

Started by New Site Yellowcat, April 18, 2012, 11:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

New Site Yellowcat

Maybe it's just me, but there seems to be a lot of left-hand Penn reels for sale on ebay that look more like right-hand reels to me.
I'm on my 2nd Bud lite today [ 4th or 5th in 4 months ] but I don't think my vision or brain is that impaired.???     ???
Saw 1 the other day that I would have like to own, but if it was a lefty, I need an extension for my left arm so I could reach around to work the lever drag.
If I'm wrong I'm sorry, But if not should real (REEL) fishermen call them on it.???
It might save some new kid some money and headaches..
Just wondering ????

WHAT YA'LL THINK ????? 

broschro

Quote from: New Site Yellowcat on April 18, 2012, 11:48:11 PM
Maybe it's just me, but there seems to be a lot of left-hand Penn reels for sale on ebay that look more like right-hand reels to me.
I'm on my 2nd Bud lite today [ 4th or 5th in 4 months ] but I don't think my vision or brain is that impaired.???     ???
Saw 1 the other day that I would have like to own, but if it was a lefty, I need an extension for my left arm so I could reach around to work the lever drag.
If I'm wrong I'm sorry, But if not should real (REEL) fishermen call them on it.???
It might save some new kid some money and headaches..
Just wondering ????

WHAT YA'LL THINK ?????  
I have before! This guy was selling a new not made in us 4/0 and tibroun frame as a package.

springwell

I'm always on the look out for left hand winds, I tend to send the seller a question.

Best answer to date, its both, right hand on top of rod when you cast, left hand on bottom when you wind in backwards.

The most misleading part in the listing is .........   Right hand/ Left hand : Interchangeable

Interchangeable, yes if you are an experienced reel mechanic.

Bill
There is a fine line between the angler and madness