bearings

Started by hafnor, April 21, 2012, 11:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hafnor

I need three new bearings of these dimensions for my JM pe4. OD: 0,511,5 inch, height: 0,157 inch id: 0,195,5 inch.

Anybody got any... Bocabearings?

Best regards

hafnor

btw. the dimensions are the same for the spool bearings right side plate, drag cam and left side plate. My spool bearings were fine before my codtrip but were open with tsi 301... Now they are broken... feel grindy and lags! anybody know if tsi301 has it's limitations in colder weather? It felt like they have been dry and ruined.... :(

Keta

Quote from: hafnor on April 21, 2012, 11:47:15 AM
I need three new bearings of these dimensions for my JM pe4. OD: 0,511,5 inch, height: 0,157 inch id: 0,195,5 inch.

Anybody got any... Bocabearings?

Best regards

Ya had this 1/4 Danish sheep farmer confused for a bit with the commas and the numbers are "odd" for inch.
OD 0.5115" = 12.9921mm  most likely  13mm
H  0.157"= 3.9878mm  most likely  4mm
ID 0.1955"= 4.9657mm   most likely 5mm.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

hafnor

Haha! yes! that is right. 12,99mm, 3,98mm and 5mm... equals 13mm, 4mm and 5mm

hafnor

which bearing should I go with? regular stainless? or the fancy expensive ones? :)

Dominick

Quote from: hafnor on April 21, 2012, 12:05:46 PM
btw. the dimensions are the same for the spool bearings right side plate, drag cam and left side plate. My spool bearings were fine before my codtrip but were open with tsi 301... Now they are broken... feel grindy and lags! anybody know if tsi301 has it's limitations in colder weather? It felt like they have been dry and ruined.... :(
Hafnor:  Look at the size of those cod fish.  What reels are you using?  Perhaps you are over setting the drags.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

hafnor

well... That doesn´t explain the spoolbearings does it? A ball inside a ball bearing can withstand up to 20000 pounds of pressure... I use no more than 20 pounds of drag when fishing cod.... The reel gets 50 pound at full but that is ofcourse just stupid...

hafnor

I went with the radial stainless steel with shields. Wow now I understand why fishing reels are expensive. 50USD for three bearings shipped...

Keta

What reels are you using?  If you are destroying bearings on those verry large cod I'd suggest steeping up in reel size.  I occasionaly fish for albacore in the 25-35 pound range with modified ABU 5600 C4 reels and do not destroy bearings.

The balls in a bearing can withstand 20000 lbs of pressure but bearings are an assembly and all of the parts are critical to keeping them happy.  Heat and contamination is the main cause for bearing failure but overloading a bearing can cause them to fail too.

BTW, is there Greenland halibut in the general area you were fishing for the cod?
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

hafnor

I guess so... Well to be honest I do not think that 20 pounds will destroy those bearings.. I believe those bearings have had minor issues for a while and is now giving in (bought the reel used)