Edward vom Hofe

Started by Bryan Young, April 22, 2012, 07:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

Here's my prized collector reel.  It even has the orignal price tag of $85 back in the early 1900s.  And we complain about a $200 reel...I also talking about myself.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

spottybastard

Sweet reel, just shows how much things really haven't changed until recently. 
BTW, how does it cast? ;D

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

I knew you had some exotic reels in your stash. I'm wondering if you're only skimming your broth ;D.
Very nice Bryan ;), thanks for sharing.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Jimmer

What - me worry?   A.E.Neumann

Makule

Looks a lot like the Pfleuger Atlapac.  Great find.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

broadway

Bry,
   That's a sweet reel! Is that the original leather thumb pad?
Dom

Bryan Young

Sal, that is the prize out of my collection when I used to collect antique salt water fishing equipment.  My next favorite that I used fish with is a Pfleuger Capital.

Dominick, I could not find an Altapac.  Many of the nice reels are owned by Brian Funai in Hawaii.  He is one of the few young ones that fished with them, and probably still do.

Dom, everything is all original, even the price tag.  Haven't even taken the reel apart.

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Dominick

Bryan:  As you can see by the tag the reel is guaranteed forever.  Send the reel to me for servicing.  Of course I reserve the right to replace the reel with a reel of like value.  ;D  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

kamuwela

hey bryan nice reel. i was gonna try some jigging think i can borrow it for a lil while?

Bryan Young

Kamu, I think your Tiagra 130s will be more appropriate for jigging in Hawaiian waters. ;D

alantani

Bryan, that would have to 85 yen, not dollars.  $85 then might be $850 now.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

john2244

Bryan,
Very nice reel !!!!!  I love that it has the price tag.

John

GulfOfBothnia

Nice and safe reel to go fishing cause the warranty is still valid  ;D

Makule

Quote from: GulfOfBothnia on April 29, 2012, 05:43:17 PM
Nice and safe reel to go fishing cause the warranty is still valid  ;D

But the company no longer exists.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.