560 Slammer Drag Question

Started by EHSportsman, April 23, 2012, 03:06:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EHSportsman

Drag seems to work fine on 560 slammer, but there is no "clicking" when the line is pulled out............what causes that sound, and why might it not be working/how to fix? Thanks, Steven

Alto Mare

Steven, the clicking sound is a warning sign, warns you when the fish takes the line. I don't have a 560 to check, most of my reels are the SS models, but I'm sure  they're similar. The clicking sound is not that loud to begin with, but it is there. Take a look at part #47-5600 and 48-5600 and make sure that they look ok. Sometimes all the clicker tongue  needs is a drop of oil. Here is the schematic:
https://www.mysticparts.com/Assets/images/pennparts/schematics/560.pdf

On the reels that I use for surf, I drill the bottom part of the spool all around, so I can see the spool spins. You'll never be able to hear the clicking there,  can't depend on  rod movement on windy days. Good luck! Sal

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.