spinfisher 712z help

Started by wong2a9, April 28, 2012, 04:34:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wong2a9

I started taking apart this reel but it seems like the main gear is stuck.  My dad found it and looks like it was never serviced.  should it just come out from this position?

By wong2a9 at 2012-04-27
If not how do I get it out?

Alto Mare

Wong, place some penetrating oil around at the gear shaft and bushing area and let it sit overnight with the threaded side up, if you have TSI 301, give that a shot. The next day if it doesn't budge, get a punch or nail set and use it to tap gently on the gear shaft so you don't mess up the threads, if you get movement but still won't come out, add some more oil and push it back in place and let it sit again. After trying this and for some reason it still won't slide out, soak the whole unit in some simple green or CLR for a couple of days and try again. Good luck!
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

borchcl

I just took the main shaft out of an old abused 700 spinfisher and I had to heat the outside with a torch in the area of the main shaft. Went slowly. and still had to tap on end of main shaft with a brass punch. If you are careful, it can be done w/o hurting the paint.
Good luck.
borchcl