Senator 115 spool interchange

Started by Bruce, April 30, 2012, 04:23:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce

Hello        Can anyone tell me if the aluminum spool will fit my old 9/0? I believe it to be 60s era , has ball bearing sideplates one piece brass spool three piece fiber drag washers ,very thick and outside serviceable.

Thank you B.
Buzz

broadway

Buzz,
     The aluminum spool will fit the 115 as well as the 115L
Dom

Bruce

Hello  Dom

Had an inkling that it would,but I think this reel is quite old so wanted to check.
               I think the aluminum spool should lighten reel somewhat as brass spool is very heavy.

Thank you B.
Buzz

broadway

It will definitely lighten it up.  Is the spool you're removing in good shape?  Is it a 3 piece spool? Let me know if you're looking to sell it.
Have fun,
Dom

Alto Mare

And if you go wit the aluminum plates and frame it will also lighten your wallet ;D ;D.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

broadway

Bruce

Hello  Dom

Well the spool is nice and smooth and shiney now. It had been left to sit with wet line and about  1/4" around the outer circumference had some pits. I chucked it in my drill press and worked it down with progressively finer wet dry to 1000 grit, then polished with simichrome. I was going to paint it black but it looks so golden I may clear it.
             I haven`t got the aluminum spool yet, still thinking it over.             If I do you are first dibs if still interested
             I `m not sure how much I want to spend on this reel , just ordered 1+5 carbontex and  thin ss washers and two dogs and springs. I think the only part now lacking  is   the   handle nut small set screw.

Thanks   B.
Buzz

Bruce

Oh! Dom  Sorry I forgot to say ,yes the spool is one piece.

B.
Buzz

Bruce

Oh yes ! Sal  I have had that experience before.
                    But WThay

B.
Buzz

broadway

Whatever you do, coat the reel with something or else it's gonna disinigrate !  ;)
You definitely want the carbontex drags.
All of the other pats can be gotten at MysticParts.com
All the best,
Dom

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"