My Collection

Started by Marlinmate, May 02, 2012, 02:06:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Quote from: Keta on May 02, 2012, 03:18:07 PM
Quote from: mahalalololo on May 02, 2012, 03:10:10 PM
When I feel down I just open my reel Box and rediscover a reel all over. I pick the reels up one by one. The adrenalin of just feeling the soft but hard reel in my hand.

You must be sick in the head.......I do the same in the middle of a cold winter. 

I hate to sell my rods, reels, boats, rifles, handguns and pistols.
You guys are both sick, one does it when he's down and the other does it when it's cold outside ::)....I do it any chance I get ;)
They make me feel warm and fuzzy all over ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

It's cold here almost every morning, 20°F at 06:00 today, so I can enjoy my reels often.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Nessie Hunter

WOW!!   Just WOW!!!  Amazing collection....
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

redsetta

Great stuff Jess - thanks for sharing.
Clearly, we're men of simple pleasures. ;) ;D
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Maxed Out

Are you certain you're not a long lost relative of Sal ??.....Just kidding, and a whole lot jealous.

What did you say your address was ?? HAHAHA
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

usncporet

That's amazing! Beautiful collection.

Marlinmate

Thanks for all the compliments. Lots of time, $$, and elbow grease in getting them to where they are. Antique shops, fleabay, and word of mouth have accounted for most of them. Growing up in on the east coast in FL, has instilled salt water in my veins. My bro, Coores14 never left it, and in fact moved further into it.

Having a passion for something (fishing) has spurred into reel repair, rod building, mating, reel collecting etc. I'm lucky to have a great wife who puts up with my hobbies and passions. Summer time is approaching which means it white marlin season for me. My phone is always on and any appointment on the calendar is easily re-scheduled when the bite is hot. Going to t-ball games with the kids, putting them to bed at 8pm...then driving 3 hours to the coast...rigging baits, then leaving the docks at 3am..sleeping on the way out...fishing all day..cleaning the boat and getting back home at 11pm and making it to work on Monday morning at 7am is not out of the question, and in fact has become the norm when the bite is hot.

Passion, curiosity, and a love of the outdoors (not to mention a grilled wahoo steak or two) keeps me going back. The anticipation of "what will bite next" keeps my curiosity peaked. In fact....

I'm leaving at 4am tomorrow heading to Key West, hopping on Coores14 fishing sled...and checking out for two days at the Dry Tortugas.

Life is good.

Tight lines!

FISHING IS THE SPORT OF DROWNING WORMS

usncporet

Awesome! For many years I dedicated myself to the Navy and to work after retiring from the Navy. Now I have time to relax and spend time doing what I LOVE! Fishing, family and friends. Sounds like you have found the same! What a wonderful life!!!!

coores14

double dog 113 built by Marlinmate being put to the test on deep grouper starting saturday morning....oh, and on a custom Jesster spiral wrap rod built by...yep, Marlinmate.

mahalalololo

Exactly. I also one day like to make a photo of my Collection. I do not have space to put all the rods and Reels in one area. Never ever Sell!!!!!!!!!!

Harry

Thats allot of reels there marlinmate :o 

sal i quickly counted 90  ;D

Bill B

in picture #2 there is a green reel on the right...what is that...love the color and the narrow qualities.
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Marlinmate

TARFU

It is a fly reel....not sure what brand it is....but will check when I get back from vacation.

Alto Mare

Quote from: Marlinmate on July 15, 2012, 12:18:51 PM
TARFU

It is a fly reel....not sure what brand it is....but will check when I get back from vacation.

Doing any fishing, Jess?
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Marlinmate

Alto...sure am. Made 2 tuna trips out of OCMD early this summer, Floated the Shenandoah on Friday for smallmouths....fishing in Hilton Head, SC on Wednesday for reds, tarpon.....then hopefully a practice session (or two or three) out of Ocean City, MD.....then off to VA Beach for the Billfish Tournament at end of August. Took second place last year, and need to taste victory this year!