Saying hi ! to all.

Started by Allen, May 02, 2012, 03:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allen

Being new to this forum I would like to introduce myself. First, thanks to all who have posted all the information on this forum. My visits to this forum have been very interesting and educational, due to the time taken by so many to post the tons of information available here. The education concerning all things reels has really lessened my learning curve.

Being a novice I had a fear of not doing much more than removing end caps, and applying some oil and grease-even this simple function I now know has not been done as well as it could have been. Also, I've always had a fear of being overwhelmed by these intricate mechanical devices that we call fishing reels by a deluge of parts on the table, that I would most likely never be able to fit back in correctly.

However, since finding this forum I now look forward to really doing some correct reel maintenance, and maybe some reel hot-rodding.

Al.
''If your too busy to fish, your too busy''.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Nessie Hunter

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

Welcome Al.  If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.  There are no stupid questions.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

redsetta

Welcome Al.
x2 on Bryan's post.
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

kamuwela

Allen

It's fantastic to hear from people all around our world.

Thank you all for the greetings.

Al

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

UK Ron

Norcal Pescador

Welcome Allen. The first one of each type is a bit intimidating, but then they become almost routine. It's a great addiction. 8)
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Allen

Thanks again for the welcome gentlemen.

I'm looking forward to the fun of tearing them apart and learning more about these tools we call reels. Just ordered some TSI 301 & 321 oil from the USA.
Going to get some carbontex drag washers, ceramic pawls, some better spool bearings, Cal's grease and some other things. Then let the games begin !

Al.