15 lb braid

Started by morpheus, May 02, 2012, 06:07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

morpheus

Hi, i have just started fishing with braided..just bought a 15 lb one..It broke each time i tighting my albtight knot....not on the knot but after....umm....isthis normal..i tried lifting a 10 pound dumbell with it  ..just for testing..and it broke...am  bit confused

akfish

I've neve even seen 15# braid. 30# braid is almost too thin for me to see, much less work with. What brand are you using? My guess is that you've got a bad batch.
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

Bryan Young

Please provide brand and style of line.  It may be you have a bad batch, and you may be able to take it back to the fishing store for an exchange.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

publius

Def a bad batch. 15 lb. braid shouldn't break until it's put on a load over 20lbs.

Fishnmike

I use 20 and 30 lb for trout trolling. Prefer the 30 lb as it isn't so limp and doesn't tangle as bad.  Anyway, I have never had problem with it breaking even if I get snagged and am trying to break it off. I used Tuff Line and Power Pro.