Trinidad vs Saltiga

Started by Boiler, July 09, 2009, 02:16:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boiler

Alright Alan here is the million dollar question.  What are the differences between the Trinidad and Saltiga reels?  When I have had both opened up I see subtle differences but to be quite honest both seem to be pretty darn close.  One of the arguements about the Trinidads is  that it can turn into a knuckle buster but what I see when they are both opened up looks to be just about the same so couldn't it happen to the Saltiga too?  Please help.

Daniel

alantani

daniel, you're right on the money.  both reels have issues.  tom hrynuik has parts to actually design a collar to fit into the trinidad and torium side plates.  this way we can accomodate TWO anti-reverse roller bearings.  that is not possible for the daiwas.  stay tuned.......
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Boiler

When is this (the 2nd anti-reverse roller bearing mod) going to be available or is it available now?  I see in the new Talica reels that they have already taken care of the problem by putting a twin pawl anti reverse.  I have also heard that I only need to add a limited amount of grease, just enough that you can't even see a difference between a clean carbontex and a dry what do you recommend?  I am after teh best free spool I can get so am I to remove the clicker gear and degrease all the bearings then add a drop of reelx to each one.  The reels I want to do this to are all brand new never seen water and I just want to maximize them as best as I can.  Thanks for putting together such an informative website dedicated to info only and those anglers who care about taking care of there stuff.  We appreciate it Alan!

Daniel

alantani

the two bearing modification is a year away.  pity, it is sorely needed now..... 

for drag washers, i like to slather on the grease.  it really ticks off those few people left that are trying to advocate drag drag washers.  then clean out the bearings and lube them up with xtreme reel +.  let me know if you have any problems.  alan

Bucktail

Quote from: alantani on July 12, 2009, 05:39:04 AM
daniel, you're right on the money.  both reels have issues.  tom hrynuik has parts to actually design a collar to fit into the trinidad and torium side plates.  this way we can accomodate TWO anti-reverse roller bearings.  that is not possible for the daiwas.  stay tuned.......

I realize this thread is nearly four years old now, but I'm curious if this collar and double AR bearing set-up ever panned out. ???
Just a jig-a-lo

alantani