Penn anniversary reels, 4/0 HL, 4/0 HLW, 6/0 HL

Started by john2244, May 07, 2012, 11:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john2244

Penn anniversary reels for your review.
The 4/0 HL is a NIB reel
The 4/0  HLW is a near mint in box reel
The 6/0 HL is a NIB REEL

Sal, I am going rockcod fishing tomorrow, should I take these with me ???

Norcal Pescador

Just drop them off at my house after fishing. I'll make sure Sal gets them. ;D
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Alto Mare

Ok John, now I'm really jealous. All I could say is... gorgeous. If you take those fishing, I'm not talking to you anymore. ;D
You just won't find those  in that condition today. Very nice John.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

Wow, that's one nice collection you got there.  let the bidding begin.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

kamuwela

wow beautiful reels are you selling them for the price on the box?  ;D

redsetta

Awesome John - once again!
You've set the bar so high, where to from here?! ;) ;D
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

el greco

HI all , these three reels are  sweet as john stop this now LOL  i am just moping up the drool over my key board . Man i envy you guys its so hard to get reels like those beautiful  anniversary senators   here in south oz . cheers

john2244

Thanks for the comments.
Sal, we can still talk!!  I did not have enough time to put line on them so I used my Penn 506's.

John

Bill B

Beautiful indeed, what is the significance of the red spools?  (Sorry for the noob question)
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Alto Mare

Marking their 50th anniversary. Production lasted only a couple of years. Today these red spools are not easy to find, I got most of them ;D.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Maxed Out

Very impressive John.

Those beautys are worthy of the front row in any reel collection.
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

broadway

Now those are sweet as pie!  Man, even the boxes are in mint to near mint!  I'm starting to think you had an affair with a relative of Otto Henze!
PS- I do believe Sal when he says he has most of 'em ;)
Thanks for sharing a sweet collection,
Dom

el greco

HI  i remember those reels when they came out i said to myself whose going to buy them  they hold less line and look girl y  what was Penn thinking boy was i wrong    :-[

Harry

Very sweet reels john,thanks for making us all stay and dool over them and wishing they were ours! ;D

yea el greco i remember seeing them in tackle shops too, and thought same... girly!
how tastes change ay?
I dont  rekon i have ever seen anyone fishing with any senators like those in john's photos when ive been fishing.

are those spacer  bars made of brass, aluminum ,or some other material anyone know?

i wanna see Sal's  red spools too now ;D