Another curado 300 question...

Started by flyforfish21, May 08, 2012, 10:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nessie Hunter

Quote from: fisher480 on May 12, 2012, 12:56:58 AM
I had a similar problem with a friend Curado 300E. I fitted carbontex drag washers and new ADEC 5 ceramic berings and noticed the problem when we were fishing. I re lubed to bearing a few times and the problem disappeared. I was puzzled over the problem too as I own all Shimano baitcasters and have not experienced this one before.

The Ceramic Bearings do have some noise in them for awhile, seems that the balls LAP (wear in to perfect fit) in to the races??????
I picture/think Very light ceramic balls rolling in a cage of Steel.  
Glass on Metal????
Wearing into perfect harmony ???  

The ABEC 5 are much noisier  then the ABEC 7...  
I used the ABEC 5 Hybrid once, at the request of a client and he was a little pissed at the noise (he is a bass guide)..
I told him it should stop in a short time of usage...  
HE reported back that It stopped after a short period of use, and he was very happy with them.......

FYI;
Laps & Lapping in Bearing/bushing surfaces;
http://modelenginenews.org/duplex/duplex_laps.html

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

flyforfish21

Nessie,

Sent you a PM. No luck with anything i tried. Even broke all the way back down and cleaned them again...nothing

Geoff

Nessie Hunter

2 Pm's sent back (one with correction) Sorry for the senior moment!!!

:o
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

flyforfish21

Responded!

No problem at all. Shipping out today, coming your way ;)

Geoff