Accurate gears

Started by ShoreKasterHI, May 08, 2012, 11:33:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irish Jigger

Quote from: seaeagle2 on June 14, 2012, 12:21:14 PM

You mean somebody has 1. more than one set 2. Sets that aren't already installed.

Yes and he has a "parts bin" too. ;)

Irish Jigger

Breaking News guys, heard today that some of the cheaper Penn's now have anodised aluminium pinion gears fitted. I am trying to find the models affected. Anyone aware of this, or is it just pure BS? :o

Tile

This si pure BS. An aluminium pinion gear will not last even a day of fishing. Pure Fishing/Penn wouldn't be so stupid to compromise their market share.
In solid fiberglass we trust

Alto Mare

Quote from: seaeagle2 on June 14, 2012, 12:21:14 PM
You mean somebody has 1. more than one set 2. Sets that aren't already installed.
I know where you're going seaeagle. I hate to disappoint you, but those gears were a gift from a friend here, he is the guy with the most Penn reels in his collection, here on this site. I will cherish those until the end. By the way, didn't another member sent you a set of accurate for $35, about a year ago?
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

seaeagle2

[/quote]
I know where you're going seaeagle. I hate to disappoint you, but those gears were a gift from a friend here, he is the guy with the most Penn reels in his collection, here on this site. I will cherish those until the end. By the way, didn't another member sent you a set of accurate for $35, about a year ago?
[/quote]
Must of been someone else, best I've done was I bought a reel off ebay that had Newell bars and a spool and 4 to 1 gears for about 50.00, I didn't know til I took it apart and noticed the gear wasn't bronze. After I put it back together I counted the turns, 4:1.
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson

Alto Mare

Yes, you're right Seaeagle, I remember you mentioning that. I know that someone here purchased a set for $38 but don't remember who, I'm the other person that got the same deal, but I sent the member a little extra. I have to start writing things down so I coan remember things, there is too much going on here on this site...that's a good thing ;).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.