Accurate gears

Started by ShoreKasterHI, May 08, 2012, 11:33:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShoreKasterHI

I was kinda hesitant on this but im glad i picked it up. Just got them in the mail today. From the looks of it and comparing to my newell gears these have more of a angle on them. So im assuming that they are accurate. Just wanted to share

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160788924408?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Bryan Young

4/0 gear set?  good going. 
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

ShoreKasterHI

Yes for a 4/0 idk if it is a deal. How much did they go for when they first came out?

Alto Mare

You paid too much for them, send them my way and I'll give you what you paid for them, plus $10 ;).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

You got a decent deal.  Good going bradah.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

i believe it is a newell gear set.  very nice. 

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Quote from: alantani on May 10, 2012, 04:23:28 AM
i believe it is a newell gear set.  very nice. 

Gears are helical cut, they might be Accurate.

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

alantani

ah, that looks more like it!!!!!  (except for the pinion gears!  ;D)
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

suitekids

I think these are almost the holy grail of Accurate gears, the 6/0 and a comparison, and nobody can duplicate them???

ShoreKasterHI

Does anyone mind telling me how much the 4/0 and 6/0 gears cost when they came out? Been trying to search around but nothing.

Makule

Quote from: suitekids on June 14, 2012, 12:44:58 AM
I think these are almost the holy grail of Accurate gears, the 6/0 and a comparison, and nobody can duplicate them???

Both of these fit in the 6/0?
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

suitekids

yes, same size, bad camera angle :o

redsetta

Great work SK, well done.
QuoteYou paid too much for them, send them my way and I'll give you what you paid for them, plus $10 ;)
Gold.  :D ;D
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Alto Mare

Quote from: alantani on May 10, 2012, 02:05:04 PM
I just noticed this. The pinion gears in my picture are mismatched. Nothing gets by you Alan ;D ;D.
I better go to my parts bin and set them straight or it could be a nightmare ;D

seaeagle2

Quote from: Alto Mare on June 14, 2012, 10:43:00 AM
Quote from: alantani on May 10, 2012, 02:05:04 PM
I just noticed this. The pinion gears in my picture are mismatched. Nothing gets by you Alan ;D ;D.
I better go to my parts bin and set them straight or it could be a nightmare ;D
You mean somebody has 1. more than one set 2. Sets that aren't already installed.
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson