Has anyone got photos

Started by el greco, May 14, 2012, 12:39:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el greco

Hi people saw photos of 113h metal also heard they made 114 metal does anyone have pictures does this reel  exists  or just a myth  thanks

akfish

The 113MTL was made for only a few years, and the 114MTL, while announced, never saw the light of day. The 113MTL was actually a good reel -- lots of drag, good free spool, 4.2:1 gears, etc. -- but more of a tank than most people would want for a single speed reel. It was discontinued when Penn moved all of its under $250 reel to China. You can find them fairly frequently on eBay. You'll like it if you want a full size, heavy 4/0 but be forewarned: Penn has already stopped supply many parts for it.
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

CapeFish

Wow this is an impressive reel, never new they existed. Will they ever make something like this again or is it too expensive?

ShoreKasterHI

Does anybody know if the handle or gears fit on a 113h?

broadway

doradoben

When these were discontinued, Charkbait clearanced them out for $125 until they were gone.... and foolish me didn't buy any because they were heavy...

Bryan Young

Yeah, I found 4 at $120 minus 20% clearance discount.  Was going to buy them since Dom recommended them, and though, what am I going to do with these reels...Same thing with the American Made 114Hs that I found...$120 minus 20% clearance as well 2 weeks later.  Arg... in hind sight, I should have bought them and just sold it to you guys.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

el greco

Thanks for the photo guys thats a absolutely a beast of an reel i wonder if any made it down under just imagined if they made it in a  9/0 size ha ha . What was the weight difference between the 113h and 113mtl wouldn't be that much  just a extra session at the gym  lol cheers 

Alto Mare

I don't know about the weight difference, but I do know that some don't mind the weight. I personally believe that having  heavy gear while fishing on a fighting chair gives you a better chance. You want to talk about weight? Just the gears with drags on a 16/0 Senator weigh 1 lb, the reel weights 11lb without line. Some of these reels are still fished today, not bad for a 80 years old reel. For dependability, easy maintenance and strenght, no one has come close to it yet. Sorry, I got sidetracked ;D.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

intili

The handle for the 113MTL, still available, is a low cost upgrade for the 113H( and the 45GLS and its variants) I tried it and since have installed 4 of them, I bought the 113MTL for $119 from Charkbait, should have bought 4 of them. Also the 113HN were sold for $139, should have bought 10!

akfish

I didn't realize that: So the standard 113MTL handle fits without modification on a 113H?
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

intili

broadway

It might slide on, but is it the right fit? The reason I ask is it's a totally different gear sleeve and handle model # and size. ???
Dom