Recycling spacer bars

Started by Alto Mare, May 15, 2012, 01:11:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

If you have spacer bars from a Penn Senator, that are in really bad shape, you can get creative and bring them back. Here are a couple of shots:

It might be worth the effort, these bars are not available anymore
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

redsetta

Well done Sal - they look great.
The drilling's a nice touch too.
Newell reel seat, powder-coated inner rings, upgrade handle and arm, pimped spacers, 'Tank' internals (I assume) and an anniversary spool - that's some bit of gear.
Quality work, as always. ;) ;D
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Alto Mare

You're spot on Justin. Gret observation! The spacers are not as round as the original, I removed the recessed area. They still look sharp though. Thanks! Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

john2244

Looks great Sal, you do quality work !!!
John

Bryan Young

Awesome Sal.  But, then again, would not expect anything less from you or your mods.  :D
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Dominick

Sal:  You are going to have to be more efficient and post these ideas quickly.  I threw away a set two days ago.  Now I am upset.  It would have been fun to bring them back.  You're a genius.  Keep up the good work.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

el greco

Great job looks shimck what size senator is that really goes well with the handle keep up the good work cheers

Alto Mare

Thanks guys!

Dominick, I'm actually glad that you tossed them, it's a lot of work and requires a lot of patience and I don't think you have much of that ;D. If you over sand by the screw holes, they'll become useless.

El greco, thanks! It's a 114H.

broschro

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

George4741

Sal,
You amaze me with your ideas.  You're always thinking outside of the box!
George
viurem lliures o morirem

Tile

The finishing touch would be a a mirror finish polish job on them.
In solid fiberglass we trust

Alto Mare

Tile, you remind me of the movie "Christmas Vacation". Clark puts up over 3,000 light on the roof, they look amazing but the only thing his father-in-law has to say is "Those lights aren't twinkling" ;D.

Dominick

Sal:  I don't feel that bad one had screws frozen in place.  That's why I tossed them.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.