loose preset knobs

Started by alantani, July 16, 2009, 05:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

Quote from: baitNbeer on July 16, 2009, 04:36:30 AM
sorry to bug u but u seem to be someone who could give me a pretty easy answer dude to your knowledge of reels.  yesterday while fishing i had a problem with my drag , it seemed that with line out there was no drag pressure whatsoever , i tried adjusting it and still nothing , then i reeled in line and adgusted the drag , casted out and same problem , i understand that the less line on the spool then the less drag but this didnt seem right.  its a avet mxl 5 to 1. 

first guess, i think that the preset knob is loose.  what i've done in a pinch is to take a pair of scissors and cut a thin strip of beer can to make a shim to tighten up the threads so that the preset knob does not slip.  otherwise, call avet at (818)576-9895 and ask for a new preset knob.  it's part # MXL5.8-049.  i think the threads are loose.  let me know if this does not work.  thanks!  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

alantani

QuoteHello Alan...  quick question for u....didnt see in any forum...on one of my Avet 5.3 sx reels, i noticed i had to keep dialing in my drag wheel numerous times on a trip...seems it backs itself off or something from constantly engaging and disengaging the lever from free to strike....whats your take on this? thanks,

does this look like the same problem?  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!