INTREPID SEASTREAK

Started by basto, May 19, 2012, 04:33:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

basto

Would anyone have a photo or 2 of an Intrepid Seastreak.  I remember them having red plastic sideplates and were about the size of an ABU 7000. I think they were made in England.  Can remember seeing one on a Charter boat about 34 years ago (my first charter)  
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

basto

Thanks Alan. Love that half aluminium frame. Are the fins on the left side of spool to slow the spool or is it part of the strike alarm.?

el greco

Hey basto had the Intrepid buccaneer and pirate models  made in the UK  great little reels they were my starter reels  unfortunately blew them up on big eagle rays  as you do . cheers :)

willybendit

hope you dont mind me putting a few pictures of my Intrepid sea-streak reels    ive had these two reels since i was young boy  my mum bought me them along with two abu 484 beachcaster rods  these where the first multiplyer reels i ever owned

it was only last year that me and a few mates took them to the casting tournament near where i live to put them through there paces using the old Abu rods  the looks i got and lads coming over to see what was call by the local beach anglers years ago   a (sea-screach) because of the screach the bearings use to make when you wound them up  still good for a 140 yard cast  not bad for a reel that must be 40 years old  tight-lines Alain  K P Morritt intrepid sea - streak

basto

Thanks for the pics Alain. For some reason the Sea Streaks remind me of an old Chev Corvette. Lots of red and chrome.

willybendit

Hi Basto   Now your talking  old corvette stingray