Okuma Trio 20 spinning reel

Started by the_reel_doc, May 20, 2012, 11:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_reel_doc

Got one of these and was cleaning it up. What's the secret to the main gear and crosswind gear. It's their new percision elliptical system. So do you set it at 20 degrees to dead center???? HELP!!  The crosswind gear has a hole as does the main gear but what do you line those up with, each other, the top, or what?

alantani

if is the same as the cedros spinner, you have to line up the hole in the main gear with the red dog on the eliptical gear.  if you installed it and it was not properly in place, then you may have already damaged the main and eliptical gears.  when you get them back together properly, you will have your answer. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

redsetta

Quote...you have to line up the hole in the main gear with the red dot on the elliptical gear.
These can be a real hassle when the dot has corroded off - which I've seen a number of times on the Salina range.
It can take a lot of patience...
Alan's right - you'll soon find out if damage has already been done.
Good luck, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Bryan Young

On my VS, it has 2 arrows that have to line up for it to properly mesh together. 
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

the_reel_doc

Thanks guys. I got it. Kinda figured that was what it was and knew better than to try something that was not right and take a chance of messing something up. She's back together and spinning freely.