Main Menu

Addicted

Started by Jerseymic, May 24, 2012, 07:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerseymic

Hi Guys,
Since joining you all here a couple of months ago I have now joined the dark side!! Have now fully stripped  cleaned and greased two reels,my first, a Super Mariner 49 and a Squidder and I can't wait to do more.
A friend of ours was coming to visit us from L.A. so I asked him to bring me over ''THE TANI SPANNER'' wonderful piece of kit, thank you Alan, you guys are lucky having everything easily available.
I have only just started and I am already in trouble with the wife, I was out back the other day when the postman arrived, when I went back inside there was my wife with an open box and a 113H sitting on the worktop, what is this she said, you only bought two others a few weeks ago, cost me a meal out and a bunch of flowers!!
I would like to do something nice with the 113H so the parts will have to be posted from your side of the pond, I will ask your advice when the time comes.
Take care all,
Best wishes,
Mike.

Irish Jigger

Welcome to the dark side Mike. I guess we are all become addicted after a while here.
Re your 113H reels,have a look at Alto Mare's posts on here as he has worked wonders with these reels. His double dog mod may be just what you need to tame those big Channel wreck congers down your way. ;)

kamuwela

aloha mike thanks for joining, were all addicted too.

Jerseymic

Hi Guys,
I have already drooled over Alto Mare's reels, stunning work, I don't know if I am ready to attempt mods like that just yet, being a novice, but who knows what the future holds, if my wife doesn't meet the postman again.
When we were eating the meal I was thinking for what it cost I could buy another reel!!

Mike.

Nessie Hunter

LOL :-)   Welcome, and Yes it will get you in trouble!!!
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Jerseymic

If trouble it is, then trouble it will be, I am now going to hit her with ''we need a boat and a tractor to launch it from the beach.
You will hear her screams from your side of the pond!!

Mike.

alantani

i got grease on the dining room table and was promptly evicted to the garage.  best thing that ever happened!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

kamuwela

alan we owe it all to you.

Norcal Pescador

Welcome Mike! We're all reel-aholics and most of us can't wait for our next "fix". ;D ;D
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Jerseymic

I am in the garage anyway.

Perhaps Alan you should set up a side line as a divorce lawyer for reel addicts!!

alantani

dom is our resident attorney.   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

seaeagle2

I explained to my wife that I could "hot rod" a bunch of fishing reels for far less that "hot rodding" my pickup truck. I also pointed out that one of the 113H's was customized so that it was "her" reel.  I'm pretty lucky because my wife will say stuff like, "do the dock lines with prespliced loops come in green to match the boat top", they do and now ours do. "Does fishing line come in pink?", now one of the 320gti's has pink Ande line and it's "hers".  I have my own stash of "grubby" rags, and as long as my greasy fishing reel stuff stays in my den and out of her sewing room, everything is good.
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson

Jerseymic

Seaeagle2 you are a lucky man, as much as I love my wife, she wouldn't know one end of a rod from the other.
As I posted before I would like to rod my 113H, I fancy a Tiburon frame which I will have to get sent from your side of the pond, and not only will it cost a fair bit on postage I will have to send the wife on holiday so she doesn't intercept the postman!! Now it starts to get expensive.

seaeagle2

I have to admit, I do have to spread stuff out some, because I usually have stuff delivered to her work, because she has an office job.  I figure in about a month, I'll start ordering stainless yokes and shafts and some new handles ;D
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson