Thieves

Started by broschro, May 25, 2012, 12:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broschro

Went out trout fishing last night and the trout were on fire. I have never seen so many big ones hanging out like last night; all fish were in the 20" class. I caught my best trout last night 27"and 4 others. anyhow got home around 1 cleaned up gear put some more ice on fish and left cooler in front yard like I have 100s of times before and bam! Someone steels my cooler and fish.

broadway

Nice catch Bro, but a stolen cooler with your best trout could put a damper on the evening... could it be an animal?
Dom

broschro

Quote from: broadway on May 25, 2012, 03:09:30 PM
Nice catch Bro, but a stolen cooler with your best trout could put a damper on the evening... could it be an animal?
Dom

That's what I was thinking at first but the cooler is no ware to be found I had the cooler propped up on a rock to drain water and the rock was freezing when I went out this morning, so it happened between 2 and 4:30. It was also trash night and a lot of people go trash diving early in the morning, so I think it may have been one of them. I will make sure I take pics as soon as I catch fish for now on and keep them in the house over night. :'(

broadway

Bro,
     Tough lesson to learn.  Hey, at least you know you caught that big dog trout ;)
Dom

alantani

up in the california hills, the first suspect would be a brown bear!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Nessie Hunter

They tasted pretty good, Thanks !!!!!    :o

Just kidding...  :-)
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Bryan Young

That's just WRONG.  I hope they choke on a bone requiring them to go to the ER to remove it/them.  Things happen that way sometimes.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

bluefish69

At least you didn't fillet them yet.

I was on a charter this year with people that I know & had my fish taken after they were cleaned.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.