Penn HT100?? for the Penn Gurus!!!

Started by Nessie Hunter, May 25, 2012, 07:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nessie Hunter

I have a young friend (married with baby on the way) who has been trying to learn & do Reel Repair for a few years.
I have tried to help him all I can..
I have even offered to sell out to him & retire a few times when its slow!!!   lol

So the problem "today"...
He has a Penn 114 6/0 very used (blck side plates)..   
Has a 3 drag stack of odd size???
He went out and purchased a Micrometer to measure them.

This is what he got;
16.1 x 24.2 x 3.2 mm

What is this and how do we replace them??   
The current drags are a hard pressed blck material..
The thickness is WOW.... 

Few random Pics.....

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

alantani

he will need six of the #6-114 drag washers and a full set of thin metal washers.  https://www.mysticparts.com/PennParts/Penn114.aspx

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Nessie Hunter

I try and stay away from Penns, Even though I learned on them, by buying bulk at Ebay and garage sales and tearing them up!!!!

Never know what your gonna run into when you open one up the first time!!!

Thanks Alan, appreciate that & the link....   ;D
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Bill B

And I thought I was thick around the middle...never heard or seen drags that thick...
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Alto Mare

That reel appears to be in good shape Frank and from the looks of that bent harness lug, looks like he has snagged some big ones. Clean that reel up for your friend, add a fresh set of CF and he's pretty much set for a long time. All he has to do is clean it every now and then, bushings last forever. Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Makule

Quote from: TARFU on May 26, 2012, 01:48:14 AM
And I thought I was thick around the middle...never heard or seen drags that thick...

Those are the old type disks, made out of an asbestos composite material.  Good when new, but easy to glaze and get ruined by water.  Infamous for "all or nothing" brakes.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.