newell reels

Started by snagger, May 27, 2012, 01:55:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snagger

whats the story on newell.....are they ever coming back?

bluefish69

Everything that we hear in Brooklyn NY is NO. Every part & reels are locked in cargo containers. The building is empty & vacated.
If someone has a few Million laying around you can have it all.

Maybe someone on the West Coast has a better answer.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

alantani

someone called a while back and they actually picked up their phone.  they still have not "opened" yet.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

broadway

I don't believe that a company as large and profitable as Newell would just go out of business like that... someone's gonna buy them out and continue the legacy.  They probably either had transition problems after the passing of Carl, or someone was asleep at the wheel ???
That would be the all time sham! They'd be leaving an awful lot of customers without access to parts. :o
Extremely happy to be a Penn man myself ;)
Dom

bluefish69

We had someone here in NY talk to a person & they said Spring 2012. What I posted earlier was what I was told last week.

I hope that i have enough parts for me. Side Plates are another story, so the numbers don't match but the reel still catches fish.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Bryan Young

The last rumor ills was Tica purchased Newell, but that was a rumor. Nothing else heard from my end.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

broadway

Spring 2012 is just about gone... I'm not optimistic at all about those dates  :-\

whalebreath

Quote from: broadway on May 28, 2012, 04:06:21 PM
Spring 2012 is just about gone... I'm not optimistic at all about those dates 
Well maybe if we keep posting/talking about it someone who owns a chunk of what's left will realise the interest is still there.