Lub Question

Started by borchcl, July 21, 2009, 02:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

borchcl

Hi Alan,  I found a small oil dispenser at Brownell's (the gunsmith supply outfit) that is really nice to apply small amounts of lube like Xtreme or CorrosionX. They have a couple sizes and are reasonable. I have been packing Yamaha grease into the center of the gear sleeves I have replaced lately and so far, it seems to work. Any thought on that? Also, I've been removing the burrs or peened up edges on the anti-reverse cogs on the gear sleeves I service just in case the new drag washer  needs to slide on that surface. Seems like every 320 or 330 has some nasty burrs after it's been in service a while. Sorry to hear of your employment problem. We hope and pray for the best situation for you and yours.
Best of luck
borch

alantani

all of that sounds great.  yeah, with my luck they won't ever let me retire.  can you post a link to the oil dispensers?  i'd love to take a look!  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

borchcl

Hi Alan,
here is link to Brownell's oilers. Sorry it took so long, I was out chasing salmon on Lake Mich. Lousy weather, slow bite, but great to get a chance!
http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/cid=0/k=oiler/t=P/ksubmit=y/Products/All/search=oiler
borch