FRESHWATER FISHING IN MY COUNTRY

Started by Danhans, June 03, 2012, 04:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danhans

Hi all, im new here..i never take out any screw from my reels until i found this site..
since i am not an expert in reel maintenance or repair, there's nothing much i can do to
contribute to this board..
but since i fished a lot, really a lot of fishing trips, i think this is where i can put my small contribution
to this board..

Kenyir Lake is the largest man-made lake in southeast asia. it is mainly used to generate hydro electric power.
other than that, it is also a tourist attraction for various types of activities, fish farming and water reservoir.

the targeted species is Hampala Barb or local name, Sebarau..you can catch sebarau at any time of year but the best time catch them is during the monsoon season at the end of year..where you'll experience weeks of non stop heavy rain and lots of sebarau.

we usually stayed in a houseboat that can accommodate up to 16 anglers for 3 or 4 days. sometimes up to a week!

and go out for sebarau hunting on small boats of 12 or 13 foot car-topper with 15hp outboard.

to be continued  ;)

Danhans

i loved to use topwater lures during early morning..

the afternoon in tropical countries can be really hot..we need to find a shaded area to ease the pain..

but the heat is unbearable..switch to plan B which is heads to a river upstream..

an award giving ceremony..this gentleman won the "not even a bite for 4 days of fishing" award..

evening session starts

"sometimes, we didnt get what we wanted"

expecting-

but get a giant snakehead instead..lol!

Nessie Hunter

WOW!!!   Thats darn cool... 

Awesome report and information from around the world!!
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

redsetta

Great report Danhans - looks like a nice way to spend a few days!
Thanks for sharing.
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

john2244

Great report and pics.  Thank you.
John

wallacewt

alantani

beautiful country!  what kind of reels are you using?

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Danhans

thanks a lot guys!! im glad u guys liked it..

Alan,
im using shimano calcutta 100B and abu revo S for casting lure.
shimano NASCI C3000 spinner for light application.
shimano TLD star 20/40 for general saltwater fishing.
daiwa phantom j4500 spinner and AVET MXJ 6.3:1, an old model with upgraded handle and knob for saltwater jigging.

lets continue with some cool photos..

RAPALA lures are common here..japanese lures are also widely use but very very expensive.

this one is caught on CD7 GFR, 7cm rapala sinking lure..

some magnificent catches on natural bait.

let's enjoy some nice photos..

flooded cave..

infrared camera

our deckhand..very funny guy!!

thank you for taking time reading my report..hope you like it..

anyway, i bought myself a new set of tools, daiwa reel grease and abu reel oil yesterday...
had to buy abu oil because corrosion x is no where to find here
today i will set up a workbench and start working on my reels..

Keta

WOW!!!!  Thanks for the nice photos.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Dominick

That is a great contribution to this site.  Thanks for the photos and report.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Danhans

you're welcome...
im glad you guys like it..

Steve-O

LIKE IT!?!?!?   We love it! Keep them coming! While a few of us do get to travel around to great fishing places, having you bring yours to us through your pictures is the next best thing. Your english is fantastic and so are the photo and fishing skills. What fish is the one with the guy in Blue Camouflage shirt? The fish has orange scale color. Is it a barbel, a mahseer, type of carp?

Steve

Danhans

Quote from: Steve-O on June 29, 2012, 01:58:46 PM
LIKE IT!?!?!?   We love it! Keep them coming! While a few of us do get to travel around to great fishing places, having you bring yours to us through your pictures is the next best thing. Your english is fantastic and so are the photo and fishing skills. What fish is the one with the guy in Blue Camouflage shirt? The fish has orange scale color. Is it a barbel, a mahseer, type of carp?

Steve

hi steve,

you mean this one

it is a kind of mahseer..according to fishbase.org,
http://fishbase.org/summary/Tor-tambroides.html

local name is Kelah Merah...

HOLEINTHEWATER