ReelSpeed

Started by elnath, June 03, 2012, 07:22:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReelSpeed

Hey guys, haven't been on the forum in quite some time and decided to pop in and saw this thread going...  :-\

I understand that some of the members here may have a love/hate relationships with me... I am sorry for this.

Dawn is partially right about the "real" work.. My main manufacturing shop always had a fairly predictable work flow, leaving a fair amount of time for projects, reel repair, tool development and forum posts..  The very end of last year saw our manufacturing workload go nuclear...we picked up new investors and a "don't say no" attitude for orders while at the same time loosing some of the major shop help.  This has left an immense amount of work and pressure directly on me to make things happen...and these are very high pressure customers (we just had to pay a $7k next day air bill to prevent a nuclear plant shutdown)!  I have also lost my reel repair help leaving even more things in my lap...  I know that a lot of you guys work a lot of hours, but I know of no one that has consistently worked triple digit hour work weeks as long as I have right now...

So where does this leave things... Right now, my first priority is always my manufacturing shop...it has to be..without it, there will be nothing at all.  Second, are my commitments to the reel repair that I do for a lot of the local tackle shops and fisherman.  What is left goes to tools...right now pliers have absolute #1 priority, we have quite a bit of money invested in these and are working on speeding up our production..and actually having some stock.  This is happening right now because we have people dedicated to just making these. 

The other tools, bearing pullers, frame bars, etc.. I am trying to figure out..  I think they are very useful and I want to help all the reel guys out there.. I just don't have the time like I used to, to go out and make a few sets here and there for people...and it shows by my lead times..if you call me, I would probably tell myself that I could pop them out real quick, but then shop life takes over and days turn into weeks..  Because of this, I am currently talking to a few different machine shops to see if I can get these made, while holding the price, and just stock them for guys or have dawn stock them.  Until I find and train more help at the shop, I just don't have the time to do these myself.  I am expecting my quotes by the end of the week and will you guys posted.

I could really use a guy that can service reels or has the ability to be trained to do so...this would free me up quite a bit.

Anyway, I want you guys to have an update on where I am at.  I probably owe a number of you guys some email cause I know the inbox has a ton and I am trying to work my way into it.. If you need to talk to me directly to figure out order stuff, you can call me on my cell (210-845-8051) or stop by the shop...right now that is the best way to get in my ear.

Aaron

Geoff...your pliers are still sitting on my desk :/
Reelspeed Reel Service & Repair
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
(562) 261-5190

flyforfish21

Quote from: ReelSpeed on June 05, 2012, 04:24:30 AM

Geoff...your pliers are still sitting on my desk :/

:D!

LOL. I hear ya man. When you get a chance to ship em, let me know. I want to compare them to the Boca pliers.

Good luck with getting everything back in order, if i wasn't moving soon, i'd offer to help you out with reel service. Best of luck sir.

Geoff

suitekids

Hi Aaron, just a friendly reminder, I did pay you for a 1/8 x 3/16 bearing puller, followed up by 2 e-mails and havn't had a response from you, the puller is pre-paid via paypal, anyway you can contact me regarding this, thanks for your time........Dan

suitekids

Update, My money was refunded so all is good  ;)

floating doc

I sent a couple of emails this spring to ask about a bearing puller.  It would be nice to get one.
Central Florida