A selection of reels

Started by redsetta, June 04, 2012, 04:04:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redsetta

Cheers lads - will pass on the good wishes.
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

wallacewt

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Quote from: redsetta on June 04, 2012, 11:49:07 PM
PS Tom - everything 50lb and above will (one day) be coming to the Three Kings, but the money I'd saved is now paying for my wife to return to Ireland and help her father recover from cancer surgery.

sorry to hear about this situation, hope your father-in-law recovers ASAP.

WOW! that is some collection you have....

trishul

nice reels justin love the tiburon frame looks solid,, wish your wifes dad a good recovery

broadway

Justin,
     May your wife come home to you with a smile on her face and happiness in her heart from the joy of helping her pops get back on his feet.
All the best,
Dom

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Quote from: redsetta on June 04, 2012, 04:04:45 AM
Tiburon Penn 112H, spooled with 20lb mono.

Tiburon Penn 113H 'Tank', spooled with 80lb braid.

i knew it was you :) bought a112H and 113H, used of course, after seeing these beautiful mod reels. i was thinking of buying the silver frames because IMO it makes the red standout but decided on the black ones instead. can't wait to get my hands on these.  thanks for sharing...tight lines! 

George4741

Justin, are those Kolekar grips on your 112H and 113H?  Which grip do you like better?

Again, nice group of reels.  They pretty much cover the gamut of all fishing.  It reminds me of my collection. ;D

Regards, George 
viurem lliures o morirem

redsetta

Quote...are those Kolekar grips on your 112H and 113H?  Which grip do you like better?
Yes George, they are indeed - courtesy of Alan.
I couldn't choose between 'em as, much like the two TLDs, I like the larger 6/0 handle for heavier tackle and the 4/0 for lighter grade fishing (ie where I tend to be winding more, resetting baits etc).
Cheers, Justin

Harry

Nice reels redsetta, those tiburons look smashing !

redsetta

G'day lads,
Just came across this collection/display and thought some might find it interesting:
http://orca-online.org/reel-talk/viewtopic.php?t=7011&view=next
Love the old Everols in particular.
Not a bad 'man cave'/showroom! ;) ;D
The chair's a nice touch, too.
Righto, Justin

broadway

Justin, Those guys at ORCA are the most serious collectors I've ever seen, and most do their own work, too... That father and son team did a sweet job on their man cave, and just wish they'd invite me over to see it ;)
Thanks for the find,
Dom

doradoben

Redsetta, thank you for attaching the link to the thread at ORCA. The photos of the collection are beyond impressive. I was very surprised when I read the post @ Tue Sept. 16, 2008 @ 3:27 p.m..

broadway

Ben,

I read that whole post, and I have to say, that was quite a surprise to me as well.  You would think they would be curious to give it a shot with all that saltwater history sitting in their house ???  It's still one of the sickest collections I've seen.
Dom

Gaujo

I think it's really cool they were mostly throw aways,  thats somethng to take pride in.
Nothing but friends & fins on alantani.com