penn 113 upgrade

Started by onemako, June 07, 2012, 06:39:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George4741

Quote from: onemako on June 09, 2012, 01:05:07 PM
I sure hate to seem dumb, but I am. Totally confused on the ll3 drag set up to convert to the 5 drag. Penn schematics show several part numbers for so many styles of 113 and versions of 113h. Does anyone have the actual part numbers for the metal drag and fiber drags.

Don't beat yourself up about about this.  Penn has made so many variations of the 113 that it is very confusing.  It took me a while to figure all of this out, too.  Just check in here if you have any more questions.  We are all here to help, and when we're finished you may also be afflicted with "Pennitis". ;D   
George 
viurem lliures o morirem

Keta

I don't have a new 6-60 HT-100 to measure but Smooth Drag's equivelent (Penn 140 set) are .030 thick.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

onemako

Thanks all. All I can say is outstanding. I think I got it. I fish with mainly Penns but have always been a little intimidated to disassemble them. I now have taken apart my ll3's and 555's and did the maintenance that yawl have all recommended. Now I feel comfortable with replacing the drags. Im almost as old as the old penns so If I can keep ticking I feel my old Penns will keep ticking also. Now back to the wife's kitchen table where she will fuss about grease and oil everywhere.

Dawn

I can put together a complete set of the 5 stack.

Dawn
Dawn

onemako

Hi Dawn  I would be appreciative also if you could give me the smooth numbers so I can order more in the future. Tell me how to order them from you and pay for them or I can call you Monday at the store if you will give me the number. thx

Keta

Smooth Drag's phone number, 760-949-0271
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain