What Model Senator??

Started by mdw46, June 09, 2012, 06:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suitekids

I'll clean it up Alan, it was a hurry up to get a picture for Bryan, he said he has never seen a standard 114h aluminum full frame before, the wide ones are still available, but this isn't.

Alto Mare

Make sure to place some grease in the screw holes on that frame, I have a few with snapped screws that Penn wont take back :-\.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

suitekids

send those broken ones to me  ;D

Alto Mare

Can you get those screws out? the screws are flush with the frame. I was able to destroy one and save one, I still have two more.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

suitekids

probably Sal, no sense in throwing them away, I have the bits, the press and the taps

Alto Mare

Dan, send me your address and if I find them I'll send them over.  Maybe you could keep one and send one back..... if you can fix them.

suitekids

Salvatore!!!! Oh ye of little faith!!!

suitekids

In the endless quest to build them better and stronger and faster than the stock Penn reels. We pick up upgrades as we go along that improves the performance. Once again, the upgrade bug found an easy target to bite. After an extensive internal re-do of my 114h 6/0, I was able to find and purchase a complete Accurate 6/0 upgrade kit, which consists of
an Accuframe, Accuplates, Reel Clamp, and Stainless Steel Screws, all in gold that match my Jvariance kits as a new big brother. I will take all my upgrades out of this reel and put them in the Accurate, which also includes a new set of
Accurate Stainless 6/0 gears, I suspect it will be about as bullet proof as it gets when done, pretty rare find, in fact, the first one I've ever seen. I'll get some pics up of the build soon

Quote from: suitekids on June 10, 2012, 07:52:34 AM
Well Bryan, I just happened to have a Penn full aluminum frame, I wouldn't bet, but to me, it looks like they contracted Tiburon to make it for them. I saw one of these go on Ebay last week for 130 bucks for the complete reel.

Makule

Quotewhich also includes a new set of Accurate Stainless 6/0 gears

What's the ratio?
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

Alto Mare

I'm sure it's 3.25:1. I still can't get my hands on those :(

suitekids

yes, it's 3.25, I believe the stock ones are 2.8, the Accurates are noisy tho

Alto Mare

Noisy?...no good! Send them my way and I'll send you some quieter ones, just a little slower  ;)

redsetta

Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

suitekids

If I had an extra pinion, it would be coming your way!!!!

suitekids

Just a little advice on these 6/0 Accurate gears, they don't like a stock Penn 114h sideplate at all, the Accu-plates are what these gears were obviously designed for, the bore in the Accuplate is bigger and deeper than the stock 114h, I really didn't like the way they worked in a Penn 114h, Since I managed to get the complete Accurate conversion kit, I did a swap out of all my hot-rodded tank parts and put them in the Accurate, WOW what a difference in smoothness and quiet operation, everything was better, much better. If you are fortunate enough to find these gears, do yourself a favor and find the Accuplates too, there just isn't enough room to grind out the stock ones to get them to fit with out making the bore paper thin. I guess in hind sight they are truly hens teeth, but definately not worth the aggravation without the 6/0 Accuplates, it's the only reliable way to use them, been there done that twice!!!