Zebco 11 handle upgrading?

Started by aaronb, June 11, 2012, 03:06:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaronb

I've recently started doing some upgrades to my baitcasters.  I have a little zebco 11 I like to use occassionally.  I decided to shine it up a bit just to make it a little nicer.  I've already replaced a couple bushings inside with ball bearings and lubed everything up with quantum hot sauce.  I was wondering if there was anyway to upgrade the handle.  I know there's know replacement handle available.  I was wondering if there was somewhere I could get the knob shafts that allow changing the knobs.  Remove the shafts that are on the handle and then replace them with the others and add ball bearings.  I know this probably seems kind of silly to put so much into this reel.  I got it when I first started to really get into fishing, so it has sentimental value.  Thanks for anyone that might be able to help me.

alantani

not at all.  as i recall, some of the older reel handles had a small square hole.  that made it tough. 

a long time back, one local club had a salmon fishing derby off a local party boat.  the requirement was that you had to fish one of two teams.  one was zebco, the other was rhino.  the reels had to be fished stock, with no upgrades.  i had both teams coming to me in secret to hotrod their reels!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

aaronb

Thanks.  Is there somewhere to order knob shafts if I grind off the factory ones?

alantani

not sure.  i know so little about these reels.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!