Accurate modifed 4/0 with 6/0 side plates

Started by Makule, June 11, 2012, 08:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Makule

Recently talked to a guy who said that Accurate made side plates for the 4/0 that used 6/0 guts.  Said he has one (but wouldn't sell it except for two of my arms).  Anyone know anything more about this?  Anyone see or have one?
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

Alto Mare

I don't, but you have to get me that reel Albert. I'm guessing it would be a 4/0 magnum :-\
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

alantani

yeah, they made a "magnum" series of side plates a while back.  there was a 4/0 reel with 6/0 guts and a jigmaster reel with 4/0 guts.  now THAT was a great reel!  it was basically the same as a progear 454.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

redsetta

Thanks for this Albert - I wasn't aware of the Magnum series.
Very keen to find out more though!
A 'Magnum Tank'? Now that I'd like to see (or, better yet, build)... ;) ;D
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Makule

Quote from: Alto Mare on June 11, 2012, 08:34:37 PM
I don't, but you have to get me that reel Albert. I'm guessing it would be a 4/0 magnum :-\

If you're serious, I'll give you his contact information.  Right now, he's here in Hawaii doing some fishing and will get back to Cal. next week.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Makule

He also has the 3/0 Magnum with him now and I think he said he'd sell for $375.  I'm not interested in it but could pick it up and ship if anyone wants it. 

He wants to trade the 4/0 Magnum for my new 4/0 Atlapac.  Thinking about it.  Will probably do it but haven't committed yet.

He has the Jigmaster Magnum as well, but not here.

Anyone interested, just let me know.

Bryan Young

What's the gear ratio of the magnums?  Would hate to have a 4/0 with 2.8:1 gear ratio.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Makule

Quote from: Bryan Young on June 12, 2012, 07:11:59 PM
What's the gear ratio of the magnums?  Would hate to have a 4/0 with 2.8:1 gear ratio.

Don't know anything more about the reels.  He does have some high speed gears at home, but don't know for which reel.

I know someone who has 4:1 gears for the 4/0 and you know who he is too.