My reborn twins

Started by suitekids, June 12, 2012, 02:29:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broadway

Dan, you got a couple of beauties there!
Those handle blanks look longer, are they?  
Sal, what's a super cm ( I must've missed a thread)?
Thanks
Dom

LTM

Dan,

Beautiful reels, I take it the only stock/factory parts are: handle nut and screw, star wheel, bridge, yoke springs, and harness lugs; is that correct?  Where did you get the reel covers and will they fit the 113HN, or is there a seperate one for the 113HN?

Thanx,

Leo

Alto Mare

Quote from: broadway on June 12, 2012, 03:20:01 PM
Thanks
Dom
Here you go Dom:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPER-C-M-HANDLE-FIT-PENN-REEL-114H-6-0-OR-9-0-DAIWA-600H-/110873884477?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d099373d

When I assembled my custom 9/0 with that nice Accurate frame that you sent me(Thanks again), The knob looked sweet but the handle was kind of small for that beast. I contacted Mr Nguyen and told him what I was looking for and he told me that he would make it for me,  he does some great work. By the way, that 9/0 is now one of my favorite out of all of my reel... but I only have a few  ;D.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

broadway

You da man, Sal!
I do love that handle just not fond of that price tag :-\
Does he ever make them in red (grip only)?
Thanks for the link,
Dom

suitekids

Quote from: broadway on June 12, 2012, 03:20:01 PM
Dan, you got a couple of beauties there!
Those handle blanks look longer, are they?  
Thanks
Dom

Hi Dom, they are longer, the hole they are in now (see pic) is the longest hole on the 24-349H stock handle that came with the reel, as you can see it has another hole to make it even longer yet, but these are 113h hole pattern and not the super sized 114h that Sal mentioned, those are huge, something like 5 inches long and I will get one of those too as soon as my 6/0 tank is put back together. Above is Tong Ngyuen's e-mail, he makes a nice polished stainless steel handle blank for 17 bucks, probably a little more for the 6/0-9/0, but hard to beat that price, and he's a nice guy to boot

Alto Mare

Some are selling just the knob for over $30. Get one, if you don't like it just send it to me and I will buy it from you . The picture doesn't do it justice, you need to hold it. By the way, I just purchased 3 more, you better harry ;D.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

suitekids

I guess I better reserve one before Sal gets them all and holds us hostage  ;D

Alto Mare

The 3 that I just purchased are the Super C M and the t knob is the smaller one, 3.5". I will be using those on my 6/0's, I thought they would give a nice look. The 9/0 has the 4.25" t knob and looks awesome.

suitekids

Hey Sal, I talked to Tong today, I took it upon myself to invite him to join the forum, sure can't hurt us or him. As we used to say in South Philly, he's a good egg  8)

redsetta

Good call Dan - sounds like he'll be an asset to the site.
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

broadway

Nothing like bringing a machinist to the site... now you're thinking ;)
The more the merrier,
Dom

Alto Mare

Yes it would be great having him here. I never had a conversation with him, just emails. He's a clean business man, everything is on the up and up. I gave him lots of referrals, not to try to get anything back, just to bring him more business...he deserves it.

suitekids

Quote from: LTM on June 12, 2012, 04:18:20 PM
Dan,

Beautiful reels, I take it the only stock/factory parts are: handle nut and screw, star wheel, bridge, yoke springs, and harness lugs; is that correct?  Where did you get the reel covers and will they fit the 113HN, or is there a seperate one for the 113HN?

Thanx,

Leo

he is a local guy for me but here is the link, and yes it will fit

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Penn-Neoprene-Conventional-Fishing-Reel-Cover-Small-SMLRC-/110896498962?_trksid=p4340.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC.NPJS%26its%3DI%252BC%26itu%3DUA%26otn%3D5%26pmod%3D110885715637%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D9103323736108094376

Harry

Nice twins!  And yea Tong Nguyen is great to deal with .Thanks Sal!

Alto Mare

You're welcome Harry. Were you amazed abou the quality of his product?