Penn feirce

Started by coastalobsession, June 12, 2012, 09:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coastalobsession

I have been looking at this reel for a while. It's in my price range and it has carbon fiber drag. Anyone have any experience with these reels?
Coastal Obsession Deckhand and reel cleaning

alantani

so many new models.  it's impossible to keep track......   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

spottybastard

I was looking at the Fierce, the SARGUS and the Battle, the main difference that I could tell is the more you pay the more ball bearing it has and the better the fit and finnish and better the materials the gears are made from.

But what I actually wound up buying was the CONQUER.  More bearings, and more drag, and the way its set up makes it easier to get at the gust for maintenance.  I actually got quite a deal on eBay for them, I think the vendor was literally selling them at cost.

coastalobsession

Picked one up two weeks ago and waded with it for four days. It preformed flawlessly. I cracked her open and took a look at the insides. It was very simple built. The bearings were not all the way packed with grease and the reel was filled to the top with grease. After taking every thing out and regressing with yam grease the reel worked fine. When I turned the handle the reel makes a grinding sound but not a grainy sound but a more fine grinding sound. I took it apart more that five times to make sure it was all right and couldn't fine anything wrong with it. It was not a lack of grease. Othethan that the reel is all good
Coastal Obsession Deckhand and reel cleaning

krick

The Fierce has felt drag washers.  Same thing applies to the Sargus - only the Battle in this lineup has the carbon fiber HT-100 washers.  That said, the Battle HT-100 drag washers are a direct swap replacement for the Fierce and Sargus drag washers - costs about $5 and takes about 5 minutes to upgrade them.

ChileRelleno

Quote from: krick on July 24, 2012, 06:53:36 PM
That said, the Battle HT-100 drag washers are a direct swap replacement for the Fierce and Sargus drag washers - costs about $5 and takes about 5 minutes to upgrade them.
Excuse me, is this confirmed?
Battle 2000 HT100s will fit Fierce 2000 as drag upgrades.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

krick

Quote from: ChileRelleno on August 11, 2012, 05:00:45 PM
That said, the Battle HT-100 drag washers are a direct swap replacement for the Fierce and Sargus drag washers - costs about $5 and takes about 5 minutes to upgrade them.

Yes - a Penn rep on another forum confirmed and I've done it myself on a 4000.  It's such a cheap and easy swap there's absolutely no reason not to do it.

SNAPPERHEAD

Quote from: krick on August 11, 2012, 05:20:51 PM
Quote from: ChileRelleno on August 11, 2012, 05:00:45 PM

Yes - a Penn rep on another forum confirmed and I've done it myself on a 4000.  It's such a cheap and easy swap there's absolutely no reason not to do it.

You are right on that move! I just put the HT-100's in my Sargus 3000. Great easy upgrades! I also upgraded to the Battle handle and installed it on the reel too.

SNAPPERHEAD