Jvariance 113h narrow spool line capacity

Started by dsherk, June 15, 2012, 05:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsherk

Does anyone know the approximate line capacity of the 113h narrow spool. I will be using 50lb spectra with a short top shot?

George4741

Hi dsherk, and welcome to the forum.

That spool is very similar in size to the Longbeach 66 spool.  In fact, I have a -66 spool in my narrowed black 113.  Penn advertises that it will hold 275 yds of 50lb mono.  I hope that is of some help.

George
viurem lliures o morirem

redsetta

G'day dsherk,
When I first built my Tiburon narrow 113H 'Tank' (T4NK kit), I loaded it with 50lb Momoi mono (0.75mm dia).
It took 225m or just under 250 yards.
I ended up transferring to 500m of 80lb braid (0.43 dia) as I had an long-range trip planned and needed the extra capacity (and tensile strength).
50lb Spectra is about 0.36 in diameter, so you could expect to hold more than 500m.
Hope that helps.
Cheers, Justin
PS Here's a link for calculating line capacity (specifically for loading mono backing with 50lb Spectra on a 113H): http://www.thesmartfisherman.com/3.html
PPS Welcome aboard!
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

CooldadE

George, I'm interested in the Black 113 narrow conversion. What do you use,  66 stand,spool and posts ?
I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

George4741

Quote from: CooldadE on June 17, 2012, 11:34:37 PM
George, I'm interested in the Black 113 narrow conversion. What do you use,  66 stand,spool and posts ?

As far as I know, the 66 spool is the only one you can use on this mod.  I went the inexpensive route and bought a Newell narrow stand and used 66 posts.  The 113 uses a stand with six screws, so a 66 stand won't fit.  You can also go the expensive way and use an Accurate or Tiburon narrow YTS frame (the one meant for the narrow 113H).  I suppose a narrow Jvariance frame will work, too. 

Now if I can only find some Newell spacer bars to stiffen everything up on my 113.
viurem lliures o morirem

CooldadE

was the narrow Newell stand for a 113YTS. Do you know the part # by chance?
I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

George4741

viurem lliures o morirem